• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

MLBPA has filed a grivience against the Braves that says they did not offer Carter Stewart 40% of the slot value.

Don't know about you guys, but my confidence level in the Braves pulling off this series against the Dodgers is very low. That said, nice to be back in the playoffs! Hopefully they surprise us.

Don't know about you guys, but my confidence level in the Braves pulling off this series against the Dodgers is very low. That said, nice to be back in the playoffs! Hopefully they surprise us.

Mine is low as well, but I forgot how much fun it is to be here. We truly were spoiled for a long time and I don't think I realized how impressive the streak truly was while it was happening. With that said, I am totally amped and today has been entirely unproductive.

I'm not brimming with confidence over here, either. Maybe we can get on a roll. I've been looking forward to this return for a while now (as have we all). Here's to kickin' some Cali ass tonight and tomorrow!

Kershaw in Game 2 and Buehler in Game 3 will be tough to beat. Braves got to win tonight and make the Dodgers feel some pressure. While the Dodgers starters have been excellent, their bullpen has been a problem all year. Braves need to get to the bullpen (Dodgers will have the same strategy).

I guess I’m feeling a little more confident than you guys. I’m predicting Braves in four with Kershaw getting shelled in G2.

I think we'll miss Swanson a lot. Zero expectations in this series but it's house money anyway. Hopefully we'll look back at this year as the first in a 5+ year run of postseason appearances. Should be just a couple moves away from being a legitimate contender.

I guess I’m feeling a little more confident than you guys. I’m predicting Braves in four with Kershaw getting shelled in G2.

Yeah I’m pretty confident this round. We’re a top 3 team against lefties and have clearly played better on the road. Maybe it’s my bias coming through, though. Either way, it’s about time for some Choptober baseball.

Was pretty worried about bats going to sleep (outside of outburst on Friday night) the past week or so. When searching for a glimmer of hope I noticed we scored 29 runs on the 4 Friday nights in September.

We're good boys. Win tomorrow and it's a 3 game series. I drowned my sorrows in coors light. Let's get it.

I think that was the least fun baseball game I’ve ever watched. That game sucked every nook and cranny of my balls from start to finish.

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: NLDS Game 1 & 2: Thursday & Friday, @LAD

I do really like Max Fried though. Dude kind of gets lost in the shuffle of having 10 prospect pitchers, but I think he would be a good pitcher in someone’s starting rotation (assuming he can get past the blisters).

Last edited:
Great lesson in what it's like to be in the playoffs against a legitimate team. Foltynewicz made a mistake on an 0-2 pitch, then was rolling through the 2nd after 4 consecutive strikeouts and a pop out and for no reason hits a guy on another 0-2 count.

Suddenly it's 4-0 and with Ryu dealing the game is effectively over. He was literally 2 pitches away from a dominant first 2 innings and instead is yanked after 2. At least a bunch of other guys got some playoff innings under their belt. Newcomb, Fried, and Sobotka all looked solid, none of them older than 25...

Folty was a floppy--- can't win without scoring----figure this is just a 3 game killing---

If Braves want to get back to WS and try to win one they have to get a true lockdown #1 starter. Foltys is a great pitcher, but typically struggles against any team that has solid bats. Still young and could become that, but think he would be best as a stud #2.

Similar to when Braves had Glavine and Smoltz, but then went out and got Mad Dog to be their #1 and they were unstoppable (at least until NLCS or WS) each year for quite a while.

Not to mention a bonafide #1 offers a veteran presence who could help breed one of our 16 studs to become an ace.

That is what Teheran was supposed to do, but...

koala-bear-paul.jpg

Back