• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Whoa. Guess UCONN over-valued the strength of their case. $11 milly would be a nice haul.

There is SO much good stuff in this thread. If I have time, I’ll quote some of my favorite posts tomorrow.

After their latest loss under their interim head coach, Maryland fan weighs in:

Sheehan's take that if we fired Turge last year we would risk becoming Wake might be his all time "Turge take"

We kept Turge and still became Wake, right down to having Danny ******** Manning as our head coach!

Unless Miller has a better offer, success at Charlotte, Conference USA, is much more likely to result in a Power Conference job than a success in the Southern Conference. Can't remember any recent examples of a coach jumping from the SoCon to an ACC, SEC, Big 12 or Big 10 job. Conference USA has:

- Mike White Florida
- Jerod Haase Stanford
- Tony Barbee Auburn
- Josh Pastner GT
- Danny Manning WF
- Donnie Tyndall TN
- Billy Donovan Florida

Things have changed in 4 years...

Young to VT
Forbes to Wake
Miller to Cincy

Wonder when Bob Richey is going to get a shot at a better job?

Pitt will be an interesting case study in a few years, as they are absolutely terrible right now.

If they finish above Wake in the next couple of years, Manning should immediately be let go.

Still terrible!

uconn is an AWFUL job right now

They hired a good coach to replace Ollie (Dan Hurley) and after Ollie's 179 KP in 2017-18, it has been: 98, 52, 21 (#7 seed), 18.

That's a nice rebuilding.

Going back to the Big East probably helping, as well.

Back