• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

FWIW, last night's Bourdain episode in Kenya with W Kumau Bell was better than the Pats/Lions. Though after watching some of the 2nd half, I'm wondering after week 3 which teams are trustworthy as either great or awful teams. Chiefs and Rams on the good side and maybe only the 49ers now on the bad side without Garropolo. Wonder if they'll pick up Kaep. Bradford is on the trade block, but probably not within the division.

I expect the Pats to take care of business this week against the Dolphins. It's early in the season, but Pats don't want to be sitting at 1-3 behind a 4-0 team (even if it's a shitty team in the ever-shitty rest of the AFC East).

People were saying similar things last year after the Pats went 2-2 and Matty Patty’s D gave up a ton of points.

Whose idea at CBS was it to send their #1 announcing team to Buffalo at Minnesota??? That one will be over by the 2nd quarter.

this was actually true

Vikings -17... That is a huge spread for the NFL. Gonna be tough for me to take the Bills moneyline, but you have to stay consistent with these things.

nice bet

Brady and Gronk aside, it's a bottom 5 (maybe bottom 3) roster in the league. Bill the GM has stunk for a good while now. Still thinking 11-5, though.

QFP

Derek Carr, Eli Manning, Dak Prescott, Case Keenum, Carson Wentz, Nick Foles and Baker Mayfield have combined for one less touchdown than Patrick Mahomes.

Shame on you Carson Wentz for only having one TD in the first eight minutes of the one game you played this year, which your team won and you garnered an 84.9 passer rating.

Derek Carr, Eli Manning, Dak Prescott, Case Keenum, Carson Wentz, Nick Foles and Baker Mayfield have combined for one less touchdown than Patrick Mahomes.

The Stugotz is strong in you!

Garrappolo done for the season. Is there a bigger lock in sports right now than the Rams winning the NFC West?

Garrappolo done for the season. Is there a bigger lock in sports right now than the Rams winning the NFC West?

Probably not. The big question now in the NFCW is what does SF do. If it were late in the season, it wouldn't be as big an issue, but they still have 13 games, and you can't reasonably expect to win more than a game or 2 with Beathard at QB. I can see them trying to pry Bridgewater from NO, Foles from Phi or Taylor from Cle. I don't see Indy parting with Brissett or Minn with Simien. You could probably get RG3 from Bal on the cheap, and he actually looked decent this preseason. If none of those work out, they might consider biting the bullet and bringing back Kaep.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24782945/william-hayes-miami-dolphins-tears-acl-trying-avoid-sack-flag

So William Hayes tears his ACL trying to avoid a flag under the dumb new rules.

Garoppolo tears his ACL taking clean contact

Rodgers hurts his knee on an unflagged clean hit.

Players are going to get hurt in football -- throwing flags on clean hits where no one is injured and there is no intent to injure or dangerous play made is useless and may do more harm than good (definitely with respect to ratings).

Well yeah, people are going to get hurt, but it's not a "well they either are or they aren't" scenario. If they can dig up some statistics that the new rules reduce injuries by, say, 10%, then they're going to keep throwing the flags until that 10% starts digging into ratings and earnings. I would imagine the NFL loses quite a bit of money when a starting QB, especially one of Rodgers caliber, goes down. Hell, if Cam got hurt tomorrow, I'd keep watching the Panthers until they inevitably fell to 2 - 6 before I lost interest.

Not that the new rules have anything to do with it, but currently there are 5 prime time San Francisco 49er games for the rest of the season. Perhaps they shouldn't put so many eggs in so few baskets when you can have injuries like Garoppolo did and you're looking at a number of stinkbombs in prime time

Smartest thing for the 49ers to do is to play Bethard. Get the shit kicked out of you another season and try and build through the next draft.

This is one of the most humiliating things I've ever seen on a football field. My lord.

This is one of the most humiliating things I've ever seen on a football field. My lord.

Conte is out for the game.

I have seen 4 roughing the passer penalties already and I just started watching at the beginning of the second quarter. Not yet halftime

Jason Witten loves blaming the WR / TE on every play no matter what, even when the QB throws it 10 yards over their head or leaves them out to dry.

Anyways, Bucs are back to being the Bucs. Was a nice little run.

Back