• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

I kinda agree that a wildcard team with a better record should be able to play at home. The other change that should be made is to add a 7th team and jettison 1 bye - more football and more money.
Hell no. 6 teams is perfect. Aside from March Madness, wild card and divisional round weekends are arguably the best weekends of the year in sports with the 2 games a piece on Saturday and Sunday. Why the hell would I wanna watch a team like the Vikings or Titans in a WC game?

Without the possibility of getting the #2 seed and a bye week, Chicago would have had nothing to play for against the Vikings. Might have given the Vikings the wildcard instead of Philly.

Without the possibility of getting the #2 seed and a bye week, Chicago would have had nothing to play for against the Vikings. Might have given the Vikings the wildcard instead of Philly.
Except Kurt Cousins

Well yeah but if there was an extra slot both the Vikings and Eagles would have gotten in anyway

I think it's what happened to my toilet about 9 times yesterday after NYE shenanigans.

So you're shooting the crap out instead of shooting a gun at a pile of poop, a la a turkey shoot.

Correct. I don't think the propulsion method matters. It could be an aggravated GI tract or perhaps thrown against a wall (to see what sticks?).

I'll be interested to see if there's a consensus on this issue.

2018 NFL Season Playoffs Set and Coaching Carousel in Full Spin Motion

Can someone please define "crapshoot" for me ?

UGA took it in the “crapshoot” from Texas.

Wait, that’s “poop chute”... Never mind, I guess I’m no help.

The two most scumbaggy-franchises in the NFL outside of the Cowboys, hilariously ugly uniforms on both sides, usually awful weather, the Ravens can never throw the ball to their decades-long interchangeable cast of stone-handed receivers, the Steelers' focus is usually on their suspended/malcontent player du jour, both teams manage to play both minimal scoring offense combined with good yet frustratingly unexciting defense, Harbaugh the jackass, Tomlin the buffoon, Flacco, Ray Lewis killing people and dancing like a clown, listening to the announcers fellate Roethlisburger, the Steelers getting several horrible calls go their way, horrible fans on both sides (bandwagoners for Pitt, a weird combo of insufferable Redskins/Eagles/Colts/Browns inferiority complex rejects for Balt), the list goes on and on.

Mike Tomlin the buffoon who has never had a losing season in twelve years?

I’m guessing that 2&2 thinks that his buffoonery has to do with another aspect of his resume.

Just bringing this back up to show that I am, as usual, correct. So how does this get resolved - do the Steelers finally fire Tomlin after yet another star player revolts and spirals another circus season down in flames? Or do they trade Antonio Brown to the Panthers for the #16 pick? Tomlin has got to be the most overrated coach in NFL history. Santonio Holmes, James Harrison, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, the list keeps growing yet Pittsburgh's version of Mike McCarthy remains.

he won them a super bowl with a ridiculous catch

They barely missed the playoffs during a season full of drama.

A career 66% winning record. Made the playoffs 75% of the years he's been a head coach. The 3rd coach in NFL history to finish at least a .500 record in his first 10 seasons with one team.

2 Super Bowl Appearances, 1 Ring. Another AFC Championship game where they lost to the Pats.

YEAH THIS GUY SUCKS BECAUSE HIS TEAM MISSED THE PLAYOFFS BY HALF A GAME THIS YEAR

Meanwhile, Eli Manning is still ELIte, y'all. Remember that. Despite his 50.4% career winning percentage as a starting QB.

as long as belichick isn't your comparison point, tomlin's a good coach.

Back