• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

That was a great call. I guess he didn't get the NBC memo on low key announcing. The downhill skiing announcers are so irritatingly low key.

I have the Super Combined final on in the background while I'm doing other things. I kept hearing them say Shiffrin is coming up soon. So I keep waiting and doing other stuff and then I randomly looked up and it was the end of Shriffin's run.

Wow. No medal for Vonn.

Weird that the NBCSN chryon for Canada-USA women's hockey doesn't indicate that it's the gold medal game. 11 min left in OT by the way.

Are you all not watching this? Shootout for the gold on NBCSN.

Last edited:
That was mildly entertaining.

The moves by Lamoreux on the winner. DAYYYYYUUUUMMMNNNN

Nobody can accuse NBC cross country skiing analyst Chad Salmela of lacking enthusiasm. Here is his commentary during the final moments of the historic win by the U.S. women's sprint relay duo.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/incredible-call-perfectly-captures-diggins-historic-moment

gettyimages-921941232-e1519209021300.jpg

That was amazing.

Also, gotta love the Lester Holt NBC idiots for cutting to commercial when Diggins began her final leg.

Epic performance.

Also, the coach saying he could see them late starting to ski to win, instead of just medal, was evident. Incredible mentality.

Maybe we can hire him as our next AD.

Also, gotta love the Lester Holt NBC idiots for cutting to commercial when Diggins began her final leg.

That wasn't live

Men's curling semis at 6 am

Edit: not on NBCSN

Edit 2: now on NBCSN for end 2

Last edited:
Yesterday was an excellent day for America - we climbed a lot in the medal count.

The NZ freestyle skier was so ridiculously happy just to be there, but how dumb was it that he basically forfeited his third run? He had the [second] run of his life to get into Silver medal position (eventually, he won the Bronze), and apparently he never dreamed of doing that well, so much so that he just passed on run three. Did he have something to lose that I'm missing? At least give the fans a show, man.

Shuster has one question for his haters. Do you like apples?

Second American curling medal ever, and the best finish - won men's bronze in Turin

That wasn't live

Men's curling semis at 6 am

Edit: not on NBCSN

Edit 2: now on NBCSN for end 2

Doesn't matter. I've seen lap after lap of the "Kloebe Vagen" without commercial and right after Randall tags Diggins, after seeing all of Randall's less important 5th lap uncut, they cut to commercial...on the final, by far, and now de facto, super famous last lap. Fail that I/we missed 1 second of that as strategy, and trying to "break" people, is so much fun to watch in these races.

And Lester Holt is still a complete idiot - they should have fired his blind ass after that N. Korea snafu.

Back