• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

Begins Friday morning at 9 am
Up to three selections per player
Lowest scoring poster goes first, snake draft.

You can only replace players who have been eliminated

Are we having an add/drop after like last time?

I like this Peru side. Thought they’d make a bit more noise than they had so far

I am striking out big time on who is starting on matchday 3. This is brutal, Denmark didn't start Jorgensen who had the gorgeous assist to Eriksen last week.

Not that it would matter but I've left two goals and two clean sheets on the bench from defenders the first two match days.

And France now, of course, elects to start Sidibe in their third group game.

[/U][/B]

Have been trying to put that thought together for a week. Well put. Belgium, now the team with the fewest flaws.

Agree on Belgium. Really like Hazard and DeBruyne. Looking forward to their match with England. And I like this England team a lot more than the past few editions (hated Rooney). Of the Euros, those are the 2 I'm rooting for the most.

So I've spent the last hour thing France was sitting on 4 points, not 6. No idea why I've been watching that match.

I'm not opposed to it, I just wonder how you make it fair without setting up waiver system. Which would be a lot and way too involved.

Why couldn’t you announce that it starts at a specific time? And time stamp the waivers?

Agree on Belgium. Really like Hazard and DeBruyne. Looking forward to their match with England. And I like this England team a lot more than the past few editions (hated Rooney). Of the Euros, those are the 2 I'm rooting for the most.

Re: Belgium, Lukaku's Player Tribune article is worth a read

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/romelu-lukaku-ive-got-some-things-to-say

"When things were going well, I was reading newspapers articles and they were calling me Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian striker.

When things weren’t going well, they were calling me Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian striker of Congolese descent."

Last edited:
Also poor DeacMan. Getting screwed two post group drafts in a row. Last WC he was in first and we had no snake. This WC he is in last and it is snake

is messi going to choke again

Messi got Argentina to the final game last time around with some surprisingly good defending and goalkeeping but without di Maria and with a hobbled Aguero. He got the golden ball in doing so. Caballero may be the worst keeper I've seen in years, their back line is leaky, and the team looks completely disjointed. The coach already should have been sacked, and reports are the locker room is in chaos. They were playing lousy in qualifying, barely getting through mostly because of Messi. Argentina being a dumpster fire isn't because of Messi.

Last edited:
Messi got Argentina to the final game last time around with some surprisingly good defending and goalkeeping but without di Maria and with a hobbled Aguero. He got the golden ball in doing so. Caballero may be the worst keeper I've seen in years, their back line is leaky, and the team looks completely disjointed. The coach already should have been sacked, and reports are the locker room is in chaos. They were playing lousy in qualifying, barely getting through mostly because of Messi. Argentina being a dumpster fire isn't because of Messi.

Agreed. I find the desire to dump on Messi odd. They're only in this world cup because he carried them here with a hat trick on the final day of qualifying.

Back