• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

I couldn't believe when they officially changed the announced six minutes of added time (already a wtf decision) to nine minutes! Did the fourth official hold up the board again? I've never seen that before. Their reasoning was clearly because stoppage time began with a VAR decision, but still

They did hold up the added 3 minutes.

Looks like both teams are rolling out the B teams for England vs. Belgium.

No Kane, Henderson, Lingard etc.
Belgium with their second string defense and no Lukaku or De Bruyne

sweet, two more DNP's to finish the day.

Isn't England-Belgium the game where the object is to lose? Or, failing in that to collect more yellow and red cards?

The winner gets the easier round of 16 game against Japan, but likely would face Brazil in the quarters. Loser gets Colombia in round of 16 and either Sweden or Siwtzerland in the quarters.

They did hold up the added 3 minutes.

Interesting, i missed that even though i saw the number change on the broadcast screen. So the fourth official came back out with another "3" in the board? Or came out again with a "9" on the board?

Interesting, i missed that even though i saw the number change on the broadcast screen. So the fourth official came back out with another "3" in the board? Or came out again with a "9" on the board?

During the game the announcers said another 3 minutes was flashed by the 4th official. So the 6 was apparently played and then another 3 was held up. I did not see it though.

During the game the announcers said another 3 minutes was flashed by the 4th official. So the 6 was apparently played and then another 3 was held up. I did not see it though.

Yeah, Geiger kept signaling six to the German players after the first goal.

CONCACAF !

Belgium using it's 2nd string to go for the fair play tiebreak loss, apparently

Belgium is doing it right - just don’t score or let England get 3 ywlllw cards. To me, the difference between Brazil and swe/sui is worth playing Colombia instead of japan next round.

Belgium is doing it right - just don’t score or let England get 3 ywlllw cards. To me, the difference between Brazil and swe/sui is worth playing Colombia instead of japan next round.

This sucks though, im losing a hundo I dropped on Belgium to win their group, but it is setting me up for the larger prize of the 1850 I can win if they win the entire thing. So conflicted right now.

Who wants to merge teams with me to make a super team? No one can complain because the Warriors did it.

maybe they should consider re-drawing the round of 16 vs using the group stage to seed to prevent garbage games

wouldn't solve it completely, and would provide another opportunity to avoid transparency, but a redraw after the group stages such that all the 1v2 matches were random would avoid some of this incentive to lose

Back