• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

This.

Also, I don't get the love affair some of our fans have with former players who turned their back on Wake.

I am guilty of this. And it’s totally random. I didn’t pay attention to Chaundee all year and was annoyed he left... But watching him not be on a shitty team today was fun. But I have FSU in the Final Four, so fuck Michigan next time out.

As an aside, Rountree is another guy I still really like and he supports Wake even though he left for Iona.

Seeing Chaundee go off in crunch time is about the best thing I've seen in 10 years of basketball....I'm thrilled for that guy. Now let's go and get some players that will go off in March while wearing a Wake uniform.

There is no reason to think he would have picked Wake over Bama if we had fired Manning a year earlier, but I will always be sad we didn’t hire Nate Oats. He’s a fucking stud and it was so obvious.

Forbes was my top choice for the next year, so I’m not dissatisfied. I just think Oats would have been such a great hire.

Is Manning coaching Kansas tonight? It only took the Jayhawks 10 1/2 min. to score 10 points.

There is no reason to think he would have picked Wake over Bama if we had fired Manning a year earlier, but I will always be sad we didn’t hire Nate Oats. He’s a fucking stud and it was so obvious.

Forbes was my top choice for the next year, so I’m not dissatisfied. I just think Oats would have been such a great hire.

Oats is doing very well at AL. He just seems to have "it." Heprobably would have done just as well at Wake. Timing, timing, timing. All bad between Wake and Oats.

Is Manning coaching Kansas tonight? It only took the Jayhawks 10 1/2 min. to score 10 points.

No, because as previously noted, Manning had the perfect plan for playing against a zone. Somehow Bill Self has no clue what to do against it.

Mrs. and Mr. Enfield still say hello. From the Sweet 16.

It took me a minute to think of what you meant by big 4 - hadn't heard that term in years. But if I remember correctly, there was only 1 ACC team in the tourney in some of those years, and 1976 was the year UVA won from last place. Then a few years later, they started increasing the field.

I think the deal with Syracuse is we're used to playing them in the ACC and solve their zone a little easier than teams who don't play against them but once every decade or so. UVA doesn't have much of a problem with their zone - they just had a problem with their press in the elite-8. And maybe that's why they've had such good tourney success. And for the record, I have nothing against Boeheim, maybe because I'm a curmudgeon too. He reminds me of Quintin Tarantino in interviews when he hears a question where he disagrees with the premise and can get bent out of shape. I was excited when they and VT joined the league, VT because I like VT and Syracuse because I could get to go watch Boeheim's teams play here every other year.

Who in their right mind besides fans and alums "likes" VT.

Same. I really need Oats to start sucking at Bama so I can get on with my life. Yet, I’m still pulling for him.

Same. I really need Oats to start sucking at Bama so I can get on with my life. Yet, I’m still pulling for him.

That seems like a good idea until you realize that means Alabama would win football and hoops in the same year.

Mrs. and Mr. Enfield still say hello. From the Sweet 16.

I was never a big Enfield guy. This is his 8th year at USC and his first time making the Sweet 16. Pretty meh for what I think could be accomplished at USC.

This is a horrible take. Chaundee played hard every single game while he was at Wake - on both ends of the floor. He's a dude that it's easy to root for after he transferred.

For real. Not surprising given the source. Chaundee was a hard worker on a bad team.

This.

Also, I don't get the love affair some of our fans have with former players who turned their back on Wake.

I don't get the hostility towards players who transferred away from shitty basketball situations. Clearly Chaundee made a good choice from a basketball standpoint, he's a solid contributor on a #1 seed. But he originally chose Wake for some of the same reasons that a lot of us did, and I don't think its weird to have a fondness for players that worked in the same classrooms and ate in the same dining halls as we did during our college years. Sometimes players burn bridges on the way out, but if they don't then I think it's normal to maintain some of that fondness.

Wake would have been a #1 seed if Chaundee and Sarr had stayed and played for Forbes.

Chaundee stayed 3 years at Wake. How many players have stayed more than 3 years the last decade? I would think Chaundee is in the top 10% in terms of length of stay from the last decade or so. He's always been a good dude. I hope he gets a natty this year. He deserves all good things after putting in 3 years of torture within our miserable basketball program. A miserable program that will no doubt improve under Forbes.

Back