• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
CMC + Teddy + #8 + 2021 3rd + 2022 1st is the only way I could see that working. And that assumes the Texans would want Teddy.

I suspect any Panthers deal for Watson would be a draft day deal contingent on being in the position to draft Fields or Wilson.

That's why I think Miami is most likely. Miami could trade Tua + #3 (originally Houston's pick anyway) + #18 or 2022 1st + 2022 2nd + additional picks.

The only way I see Carolina getting Watson is a 3 way deal. I agree Miami is most likely, but that presupposes Houston wants Tua. Tua's rookie campaign was a hell of a lot rockier than Herbert's or Burrow's in terms of level of play. I'd almost rather have Darnold because there is more good tape on him - just avoid the NE seeing ghosts tape. The other advantage NYJ have is the #2 pick. If you're Houston and have a strong preference for Wilson or Fields, more probably the former, you're guaranteed your QB if you'd rather draft 1 than taking Tua or Darnold. I still like my proposed LJ8 for Watson idea, and we'd throw in Roman for good measure.

So you're saying trade up and then trade that pick in a package for Watson.

You think Houston would trade Watson for CMC and the #8? They need a QB and aren't guaranteed a QB at #8 unless it's Mac Jones. What would they do, run the wildcat with CMC for a year until they have the #1 pick next year? Carolina may have the desire, but I don't think they have the right pieces. Houston needs either a QB in return or a pick in the 2-4 range so they can be guaranteed a QB of their liking.

Houston needs more than a QB. They just have to take their lumps and go through the rebuilding process.

Houston needs more than a QB. They just have to take their lumps and go through the rebuilding process.

If they don't get a QB as part of this deal, they're going to have to overpay a bad 1 in FA. I agree they have many needs, but they will want to get their future QB out of this deal.

And fwiw, the NFL essentially canceled the underwear olympics this year. They're just going to do pro days instead.

The value in the Panthers including Teddy in the deal is now they have their bridge QB. Also keep in mind, the Texans traded Hopkins for very little...so, they may be stupid and get robbed again, or still feeling burned from Hopkins trade and request a king's ransom for him. I'd make some low-ball offers to see if their dumb first.

Saw on r/panthers: DJ Moore had exactly 1215 yards from scrimmage and 4 TD’s in both 2019 and 2020.

The value in the Panthers including Teddy in the deal is now they have their bridge QB. Also keep in mind, the Texans traded Hopkins for very little...so, they may be stupid and get robbed again, or still feeling burned from Hopkins trade and request a king's ransom for him. I'd make some low-ball offers to see if their dumb first.

BOB is gone. They're done making stupid deals and will want a haul for 1 of the top 5 QBs in the league, and it's Caserio making the decisions. WhyTF would they want Bridgewater? He's an injury prone bridge to nowhere. He may as well be in Alaska. They're going to want a legit QB plus some in return.

BOB is gone. They're done making stupid deals and will want a haul for 1 of the top 5 QBs in the league, and it's Caserio making the decisions. WhyTF would they want Bridgewater? He's an injury prone bridge to nowhere. He may as well be in Alaska. They're going to want a legit QB plus some in return.

Regardless of how good Caserio is, no one wants a pissed off star QB who doesn't want to be there in the franchise. Not saying they would take the Teddy deal, but something may have to give on their end.

Regardless of how good Caserio is, no one wants a pissed off star QB who doesn't want to be there in the franchise. Not saying they would take the Teddy deal, but something may have to give on their end.

That is one advantage of this becoming so publicly messy. Couple that with his no trade clause and then hope an nfl city not far from Clemson is where he wants to be.

Yeah it seems like the Texans have zero leverage here and can’t drive too hard of a bargain.

Yeah it seems like the Texans have zero leverage here and can’t drive too hard of a bargain.

Sure, but there will be several suitors competing against each other.

Sure, but there will be several suitors competing against each other.

That Watson and his no-trade clause have to agree to. I honestly think we're a pretty good fit for him. Hopefully Rhule and our team leaders are already reaching out to him. Hell get Tapper on the phone and promise him the world. If it takes trading CMC, do it. I'd trade any current player on the team.

DeShaun Watson makes this franchise relevant again. He's the closest thing to Prime Cam we can find, minus the eccentricity. Which is a good thing for an NFL team. He also plays the game in a way which should keep him healthier and effective for a lot longer.

Had a QB as good as Watson in this stage of his career ever been on the trade block? Really can’t think of an example. Holy shit the Texans are a cluster fuck.

Not that I can remember. And the list of biggest QB trades I've don't include anyone close to Watson. That's why this is going to have to be on par with the biggest ever trades like the Herschel Walker trade.

Something like that for Watson would be 4 defensive players, a 1st (which became Emmitt Smith), 2nd, 6th, 2022 1st and 2nd, 2023 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to get Watson + two 3rd rounders.

CMC + Teddy + #8 + 2021 3rd + 2022 1st is the only way I could see that working. And that assumes the Texans would want Teddy.

I suspect any Panthers deal for Watson would be a draft day deal contingent on being in the position to draft Fields or Wilson.

That's why I think Miami is most likely.

Too much to give up

I don’t think we want to follow that example considering how it turned out for both teams involved

Yeah, it was as awful deal by the Vikings considering Walker was already a 27.5 year old running back. Walker had been a high usage back during his time in Dallas and Minnesota continued that. For comparison, Walker had 361 carries and 53 receptions in his last full year in Dallas (414 total). Derrick Henry had 378 carries and 19 catches this year, both career highs (397). McCaffrey had 278 rushes and 116 catches in 2019, both career highs (394).

Watson, however is a 25-year old QB (turns 26 in September).

If all the white chicks in Charlotte lose Luke, Olsen, and CMC in two offseasons there is going to be a full scale revolt in these parts.

I think Luke could be elected mayor of Charlotte without winning one man's vote

You think Houston would trade Watson for CMC and the #8? They need a QB and aren't guaranteed a QB at #8 unless it's Mac Jones. What would they do, run the wildcat with CMC for a year until they have the #1 pick next year? Carolina may have the desire, but I don't think they have the right pieces. Houston needs either a QB in return or a pick in the 2-4 range so they can be guaranteed a QB of their liking.

I think they might bite for 2 1st rounders and CMC plus some later picks but we will have to see

It doesn't look like Watson is going to be in Houston next season, so throw the book at him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back