• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good they did it before the draft as I’m sure he and Rhule had two different approaches to the draft.

Hurney fired

I'm surprised he's lasted this long. Normally a new owner gets his GM and then they hire a coach. Tepper is out with the old school, and in with analytics. The new GM will be drafting a QB, so he better be able to evaluate that position (along with coaching staff).

NYJ winning yesterday changes the equation. They don't even know how to tank properly. Jax knows how. They lost their punter and didn't get a 1 week replacement. They went for 2 4ths and 5 and had their kicker punt, and he dropped a snap. They're in no danger of winning a game and now win the Lawrence Sweepstakes. Now if you're the NYJ at #2, do you think Fields is an upgrade over Darnold. They may auction that pick off for Fields. Trading back 2 picks and getting Parsons might not be a bad move for them. So you guys now need to do your due diligence on both Fields and Lance.

NYJ winning yesterday changes the equation. They don't even know how to tank properly. Jax knows how. They lost their punter and didn't get a 1 week replacement. They went for 2 4ths and 5 and had their kicker punt, and he dropped a snap. They're in no danger of winning a game and now win the Lawrence Sweepstakes. Now if you're the NYJ at #2, do you think Fields is an upgrade over Darnold. They may auction that pick off for Fields. Trading back 2 picks and getting Parsons might not be a bad move for them. So you guys now need to do your due diligence on both Fields and Lance.

All part of the Jets master plan. Darnold probably can be a good NFL starting QB with better players around him, so let JAX take Lawrence and trade the second pick for more early picks.

All part of the Jets master plan. Darnold probably can be a good NFL starting QB with better players around him, so let JAX take Lawrence and trade the second pick for more early picks.

lol wut? Why not take the #1 pick make the Jags pay more if they want TL? This is silly

Looks like we need to pull against the Cards and Football team (although we play them next week so that’s kinda tough) and pull for the Seahawks and Cowboys for pick positioning against the Falcons

Ownership/player personnel reps may want to tank, but players don't tank. They are playing for next year's paycheck, even with another team. Jets are one of many teams to ruin tanking plans, by inexplicably winning games.

Interesting mock draft.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-round-schulte-december/

[h=4]2. New York Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU[/h] While the Jets won, I’m not sure the fans feel like they won this weekend. Still, Zach Wilson is an incredibly talented and fun quarterback that the team can win because of. What quarterback gets picked here will ultimatey depend upon who the new head coach of the Jets is, but *as is*, I like Zach Wilson more than Justin Fields and it sounds like the league does too. Wilson is decisive with the ball and has an excellent mix of off-script ability and arm talent to complement.

[h=4]5. Carolina Panthers: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State[/h] Teddy Bridgewater has been exactly what everyone thought he would be for Carolina. He’s been solid in avoiding turnovers and running the system, but he’s also not generating many explosive plays either. Time to change that. While Joe Brady’s system isn’t exactly a perfect fit for Justin Fields, Brady is soon-to-be a head coach somewhere else, and Matt Rhule will love Justin Fields’ arm talent and intangibles.

Same. Also with the Bengals win last night, pick #3 is now in play. They play @Texans then Ravens at home.

I’m worried about Panthers winning one (or both) of the last two games. WFT might have Haskins again and the Saints might be locked into a playoff spot and treat week 17 like a bye. And I think we might actually play CMC too

I’m worried about Panthers winning one (or both) of the last two games. WFT might have Haskins again and the Saints might be locked into a playoff spot and treat week 17 like a bye. And I think we might actually play CMC too

Haskins exposing himself (ha) to Covid has to take him out of the equation to play right? Which is good for the Panthers because he’s pretty dreadful.

I've been trying to tell you people that Wilson is the guy. Not Fields.

Definitely not Lance with a top five pick.

You don’t like Fields because he left UGA.

Lance has already been passed over due to lack of competition playing small town football. Are teams going to do that again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back