• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the SAME hit Cam took MULTIPLE times to start the year last season, in different games, yet no one was ever suspended

So Burfict should get a 10-game suspension the next time he takes a cheap shot I guess.

To be fair I hate Kap but would still keep my PSLs/be a fan. The OWGs on the other hand wouldn't do the same

I don’t think you’d have to be an OWG to see the team would be fucked for years if someone who thinks the North Carolina panthers should replace cam with Kap bought the franchise

The last time Diddy was in town somebody got shot at his concert.

this is the SAME hit Cam took MULTIPLE times to start the year last season, in different games, yet no one was ever suspended

Cam took some BS hits that went uncalled but a runner with the ball isn't exactly the same as what happened here.

Surprised it's two hits - as a "repeat offender" (I guess based on fines from earlier this year?) I guess it makes more sense. It will be appealed down to one game so that's probably about right - he deserves to sit out a game.

The repeat offender status has to be the only reason that this is worse than Gronk spearing a guy laying on the ground half out of bounds.

Related: any announcement on a fine for Juju mocking the Burfict hit? I mean that was hilarious but also idiotic given the current climate.

I agree that TD's blind side block is different in some respects to the shots Cam took, but did anyone from the Broncos gets suspended for their multiple shots to Cam's head in last year's opener? I legitimately don't remember. One of those hits (which went uncalled IIRC) was one of the worst in recent memory as far as helmet to helmet contact.

Cam took some BS hits that went uncalled but a runner with the ball isn't exactly the same as what happened here.

They are different, but he wasn't doing much "running" on these plays

I agree that TD's blind side block is different in some respects to the shots Cam took, but did anyone from the Broncos gets suspended for their multiple shots to Cam's head in last year's opener? I legitimately don't remember. One of those hits (which went uncalled IIRC) was one of the worst in recent memory as far as helmet to helmet contact.

to answer your question...no. not a single bronco. the same continued through the first few weeks of the year all leading up to him taking that hit in Atlanta that knocked him out. haters gonna hate

Looks like Burfict got three games to start last year and he had previously been fined four times and suspended once. ESPN article says Davis has been fined once before.

Again, I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be suspended and miss time - just that this seems pretty incongruous with the previous NFL decisions. I think the fact that Adams took the hit and it was his second one this year played into it.

I don't even know if anyone even got a fine. That game was unreal and as blatant an example of "head hunting" a single player trying to knock him out of the game and injure him on purpose of any i've ever seen.

Just because the refs messed up (and subsequently the NFL) a season and a half ago, doesn't mean that TD's hit should not go unpenalized. 2 games, with it being reduced to 1 on appeal seems about right.

My guess is we see a lot of Mayo and Colin Jones.

Why would he not have a succession plan in place? He's old as shit, what the fuck is a couple billion in his pocket gonna even mean to him? This sale is going to be a complete cluster fuck. I just hope he doesn't sell to these morons (Diddy, Kap, etc) and sticks with a the cliche owner type that will leave the team in Charlotte and not ruin what we have going.

Former Niners owner Ed DeBartolo is rumored to be putting a group together to buy the team. He was accused of sexually assaulting a cocktail waitress in the early 90s and settled for $200k.

Do not want.

One thing I am not worried about is P Diddy buying the Panthers.

I would be pretty surprised if there isnt an outline of the deal with the buyer already in place. Jerry isn't going to further tarnish his legacy by selling to anyone that doesnt have the long-term best interest of the team in mind, including staying in Charlotte.

I hope this is correct...

With replay technology etc in 2017.. it looks pretty foolish to have Davis out there making plays for the rest of that game when the 2-game hammer is waiting for him on Monday.

I get that some helmet-to-helmet hits need a review period... but in Davis' case, you know at least a game's suspension is coming. The league should be able to call that one in (even if its a few plays after) & get him off the field.

It gets complicated with game checks, etc... but I think an ejection+ 1 game would serve the league's purpose a lot better here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back