• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ryan is a very good qb. But I'd love to see him run an offense after trading Julio for Funchess, Sanu for Shepherd, Freeman for J Stew, Cohen for CMC. That would be humerus.

With Matt Kalil protecting his blindside.

I think Ryan is a very good qb. But I'd love to see him run an offense after trading Julio for Funchess, Sanu for Shepherd, Freeman for J Stew, Cohen for CMC. That would be humerus.

Agreed. But regardless of who the receivers are, Ryan wouldn‘t make all of the airmailed throws Cam made yestaerday.

Does Cam make the tight throws to Julio Jones?

I watched 4-5 Falcons games this year. A lot of them seem to be throwing it up to Julio because he's one of the two best reicevers in the NFL and you can have confidence he'll come down with it. Not a tight window where Ryan threads the needle. Try doing that shit with Funchess. Not picking on Funch, I think he's an ok #2 receiver and a good #3 guy.

2017 Carolina Panthers Playoffs Thread: 11-5

Does Cam make the tight throws to Julio Jones?

Probably so. He’s a streaky player. Always has been. When he is on, he makes incredible throws. He has bad days. It happens. Ryan doesn’t recover that fumble for a TD in TB.

Cam Newton is clearly a franchise QB. Is he the best in the NFL? Of course not, but he’s definitely top 10 and has been top 5. Our coaching staff and front office has failed so colossally to build around him that people are talking about how you can upgrade at QB rather than thinking at offense that gets worse with injuries to Byrd and Samuels is probably not a very good offense. This offensive roster is complete garbage, and somehow we won 11 games. Who is our best offensive player, Shorty? Greg Olsen who missed half the season? Ryan Kalil who missed half the season? Seriously, answer that question.

We drafted a RB in the first round, and Cam coming off shoulder surgery led the team in rushing. That tells me a lot about both Cam and the folks running the show. There is no doubt in my mind Kamara would lead the team in rushing.

Last edited:
Cam blamed his receivers yesterday after the game. He's being a baby and not a winner. When he is on, he is something special. When shit doesn't go his way, he can be an absolute pussy.

The Kamara fellating on here is ridiculous. Yes he would lead lots of teams in rushing. He was also a third round pick that every team passed on at least once, and most twice and some three times. Do you know what it means - it means the college scouts (including the Saints' scouts) fucked up and the Saints ultimately made a great pick. Good for them, it happens. It doesn't mean that every player drafted ahead of him was a bad pick, just like not every player taken ahead of Tom Brady was a bad pick.

And how the hell have the Panthers "failed so colossally to build around" Cam? In the 6 years since Rivera took over they are 58-47, with 4 playoff appearances and a Super Bowl appearance. In that same time period, look at the Colts with their franchise QB. Look at the Jags, Rams, Bucs, Browns, Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, and most every other team other than a select few. The Panthers have not colossally failed at anything. Just because you can't win your fantasy league with their players or the "let's use QBR over wins to justify losing" millennial Phillip Rivers take on life doesn't mean the team is not effective in the real world.

Last edited:
Cam blamed his receivers yesterday after the game. He's being a baby and not a winner. When he is on, he is something special. When shit doesn't go his way, he can be an absolute pussy.

Our receivers are trash. Probably the second or third worst unit in the league behind only the Bears and the Ravens.

I am neither a Falcons nor a Panthers fan, but the games are usually entertaining. Living here, I get both games every year. I‘ve seen Cam look world class and I‘ve seen him miss a lot of throws you‘d expect an NFL QB to make. I‘m still taking Ryan given the choice.

The Kamara fellating on here is ridiculous. Yes he would lead lots of teams in rushing. He was also a third round pick that every team passed on at least once, and most twice and some three times. Do you know what it means - it means the college scouts (including the Saints' scouts) fucked up and the Saints ultimately made a great pick. Good for them, it happens. It doesn't mean that every player drafted ahead of him was a bad pick, just like not every player taken ahead of Tom Brady was a bad pick.

And how the hell have the Panthers "failed so colossally to build around" Cam? In the 6 years since Rivera took over they are 58-47, with 4 playoff appearances and a Super Bowl appearance. In that same time period, look at the Colts with their franchise QB. Look at the Jags, Rams, Bucs, Browns, Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, and most every other team other than a select few. The Panthers have not colossally failed at anything. Just because you can't win your fantasy league with their players or the "let's use QBR over wins to justify losing" millennial Phillip Rivers take on life doesn't mean the team is not effective in the real world.

Our receivers are trash. Probably the second or third worst unit in the league behind only the Bears and the Ravens.

Manslow answers your question. Our WR corps is bad and has been bad for a few reasons. Most of them have to do with Dave Gettlemen’s feelings regarding Steve Smith and Josh Norman because we could have used the draft to address WR more effectively without scatter shot drafting DBs to “replace” Norman.

Cam has had some pretty crappy receiving bundles during his time and done better than the crap yesterday. And history is replete of good teams with a WR group on the same level as this one.

I'm not part of the "Cam sux, let get rid of him crowd." I would just like to see him have some accountability and more consistency in his game preparation and effort. And I would like to see his supporters be a bit more honest and call him out when he sucks. I think he likely got a bit lazy after somehow pulling out a win after that effort against TB last week and slipped a bit in preparation. And the result was the performance on the field yesterday.

Kamara is top three in the league in all purpose yards as a rookie. What don't you get about why people are enamored by him? So far he appears to be a better version of Christian. Great runner, very good runner out of the backfield, explosive first step, and a solid kick returner.

Yeah gee why do people like him so much?!

Agree 100%. He spends too much time reading his press releases and way too little time perfecting his craft. I am not a Cam fan

Least surprising take you'll see on the boards this week (unless TheReff comes in to say essentially the same thing).

Manslow answers your question. Our WR corps is bad and has been bad for a few reasons. Most of them have to do with Dave Gettlemen’s feelings regarding Steve Smith and Josh Norman because we could have used the draft to address WR more effectively without scatter shot drafting DBs to “replace” Norman.

That response makes no sense, for multiple reasons.

1. WR has been proven, time and time again, to be the most irrelevant position in the modern version of the sport. How many star WRs (when not with Brady) have the Pats won with? The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with WRs who disappeared when not with Eli. The Broncos won with mediocre WRs. The Seahawks won with mediocre WRs. The Ravens won with mediocre to poor WRs. The Steelers have had a revolving door of WRs who dupe other teams into paying them Hurney money and immediately fall off the face of the earth. The Panthers made the Super Bowl with Ted fucking Ginn as their top WR. On the flip side, how many Super Bowls has AJ Green won? Julio? Dez? ODB?

2. Gettleman used a 1st round pick on a WR. Your boy then Hurneyated him.

3. You just fucking drafted your best receiver that Cam has had outside of Olsen, and everyone on here is slamming the pick.

Kamara is top three in the league in all purpose yards as a rookie. What don't you get about why people are enamored by him? So far he appears to be a better version of Christian. Great runner, very good runner out of the backfield, explosive first step, and a solid kick returner.

Yeah gee why do people like him so much?!

Yeah, he is a great RB, no doubt. But that doesn't mean anybody would have picked him over CMC, because nobody picked him until 2 rounds later. If you want to trash the Samuel pick in favor of Kamara, then go right ahead, as that would make a hell of a lot more sense. But saying that picking CMC (who is by far the Panthers best offensive player) was a bad choice because Kamara has put up better stats is just dumb.

Cam has had some pretty crappy receiving bundles during his time and done better than the crap yesterday. And history is replete of good teams with a WR group on the same level as this one.

I'm not part of the "Cam sux, let get rid of him crowd." I would just like to see him have some accountability and more consistency in his game preparation and effort. And I would like to see his supporters be a bit more honest and call him out when he sucks. I think he likely got a bit lazy after somehow pulling out a win after that effort against TB last week and slipped a bit in preparation. And the result was the performance on the field yesterday.

He was terrible yesterday. Just like everyone else.

I’m not sure how many good teams have had a WR corps as bad as this one. I do know that strangely enough, this is a good team. 11-5 with 4 losses to playoff teams.

Line opens at saints - 6

I bet that goes up. I’m going to try to get a piece of it unless it balloons to like 8.5. We aren’t beating the Saints unless Kamara or Brees get hurt early. Our games against them haven’t been competitive.

We have lost to they twice and doubt that our wanna be QB will be any different. Just a case of how bad they lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back