• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second time Ron Rivera has hired a LB coach with Wake ties. Wake alum Warren Belin was his original LB coach in 2011. Belin was on the Wake staff for a time after he left the Panthers.

It's a damn shame that Matt makes more money than Ryan Kalil

Not quite. I'd be disappointed if we picked QB, TE, OG, DT, or LB in the first two rounds. Those aren't primary needs. We would be fine with Cam. HOF is a solid backup to Olsen. If we don't resign Norwell, we shouldn't pick OG that soon anyway. If we don't resign Star, give Butler a shot. And we should be fine at LB with Shaq to take over for TD after next season and Mayo and Jacobs. We're going to be playing a lot of nickel anyway.

i feel like Paul Richardson, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Snead, and Jordan Matthews are more realistic targets but that's probably just leftover feelings from Gman's annual scrap heap receiver targets.

i feel like Paul Richardson, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Snead, and Jordan Matthews are more realistic targets but that's probably just leftover feelings from Gman's annual scrap heap receiver targets.

sammy is going to get the franchise tag

allen robinson probably the only guy on that list close to landry's talent

I would question if Landry is the best fit with Cam's skill set. And we need a guy that will stretch the field.

Would absolutely take Robinson but only problem there is gives us yet another injury-prone receiver

I really like Landry as a player and a person, but don't see him really filling a "need" at slot, considering how often we put CMC out there. If our goal is to throw to CMC more out of the backfield, it could make sense, but it's kind of a waste for the amount of money he's supposedly expecting (5 year, $70 mil)

ETA: I pretty much agree with this write up: 247: Case For and Against the Panthers Signing Landry

Yep. I'd rather draft a potential #1 WR and RB and see what CMC and Samuels can do in the slot.

Panthers hire former Michigan coach Brady Hoke as DL coach.

He was a joke at Michigan, and most of Michigan's defensive success has come since under Don Brown/Harbaugh, albeit with some of his players. That, plus no NFL experience makes me seriously doubt the hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back