• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More picks for Hurney to trade up a few slots for a reach pick a la Armanti!

I mean, there's no way you would have expected/wanted Hurney to pay Norwell or Star that much money - stuff like that is partly what got him in trouble the first time around.

Torrey Smith for $5 mil a year with zero guaranteed is also looking like a steal right now. I do not like Hurney, but he's doing alright thus far. Now go get Moncrief or Richardson, Breeland or Claiborne, Barnett/Smith or other S. And resign Peppers. All for less than $18M.

I mean, there's no way you would have expected/wanted Hurney to pay Norwell or Star that much money - stuff like that is partly what got him in trouble the first time around.

Torrey Smith for $5 mil a year with zero guaranteed is also looking like a steal right now. I do not like Hurney, but he's doing alright thus far. Now go get Moncrief or Richardson, Breeland or Claiborne, Barnett/Smith or other S. And resign Peppers. All for less than $18M.

+1

Well everyone is getting paid - Paul Richardson getting $40 million over 5 years from Washington. He's relatively unproven, but I think that's decent deal, and wouldn't have mind if the Panthers did it (pre-Smith signing).

cool, we got the 'Skins CB from SC

He seemed to get torched a lot, but yeah this is a pretty big signing - hope the contract numbers are reasonable.

21. Bashaud Breeland, Washington Redskins

Coverage: 20/25
Reaction: 20/25
Recovery: 17/25
Tackling: 9/15
Position Value: 10/10
Overall Grade: 76/100

He doesn't have the same reputation as his teammate Norman, but quietly Breshaud Breeland had a stellar season for the Washington Redskins. His vastly improved balance on changes in direction resulted in 19 passes defensed, a career high. He's an excellent athlete, capable of playing press-man coverage and routinely forcing tough catches. He's not much of an interception threat, but he's a high-end No. 2 corner at worst right now.

26. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers

Coverage: 16/25
Reaction: 17/25
Recovery: 19/25
Tackling: 12/15
Position Value: 10/10
Overall Grade: 74/100

As one of the biggest cornerbacks in the league, it's fitting that James Bradberry (6'1", 212 lbs) is also one of the best run-stoppers at the position. He's a great fit for the Panthers' zone-heavy approach, as his length and willingness to drop into running lanes helped build a great defense. Where Bradberry struggles is in coverage, though. He's prone to getting lost in his assigned zone, and physically he's not as smooth in man coverage as he needs to be when facing the tough NFC South. He'll need to continue developing his route recognition and balance in order to be a more effective coverage talent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

Bradberry and Breeland average 2 INTs a year each. That is not a lot.

Gabriel and Moncrief off the market already as well. Had been linked to Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back