• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad Kalil on IR. Williams is practicing.

Aside from the fact the head coach is a former LB and we always seem to keep a lot of LBs on the roster considering only two played a majority of snaps?

I'm assuming that most of the back up LB's are on special teams but I don't see why a 5th CB couldn't do the same. Does seem odd.

Reminder that TD is suspended for the first four games.

If you lose one to injury or whatever, you only have 3 and all would be on the field in a nickle defense. If one of those gets hurt, where do you go then?

Glad to get to a place where the draft just gets you into the league. It doesn’t get you a full rookie deal.

Haven't paid any attention to the pre-season and just checked out the depth chart to see who's still around/added from the offseason. And my two takeaways are how pedestrian the receivers and secondary still appear to be. Also what happened to Curtis Samuel? He's WR#5 and 4th or 5th on the kick/punt returner list. Is he officially a bust? Also is D.J. Moore any good?

Haven't paid any attention to the pre-season and just checked out the depth chart to see who's still around/added from the offseason. And my two takeaways are how pedestrian the receivers and secondary still appear to be. Also what happened to Curtis Samuel? He's WR#5 and 4th or 5th on the kick/punt returner list. Is he officially a bust? Also is D.J. Moore any good?

lol Brasky

Curtis Samuel was our best player in the preseason

I'm loving the Panthers at -2.5 this week

The Cowboys sucked last year and no real indication that they'll be any better this year

Cowboys need a WR or two to emerge. Dak will look bad (like Eli and Cam last year) bc he'll have no one to throw to. Cowboys are a good fit for us bc they shouldn't exploit our weak secondary. Just don't let EE beat us. Our front seven should take care of that.

“Pedestrian” WRs? This is the best our WRs have looked in awhile.

Cowboys need a WR or two to emerge. Dak will look bad (like Eli and Cam last year) bc he'll have no one to throw to. Cowboys are a good fit for us bc they shouldn't exploit our weak secondary. Just don't let EE beat us. Our front seven should take care of that.

Or just don't go out on a date with him. :rimshot:

Why is he fifth on the depth chart? I told you I didn't watch. Is Torrey smith still good?

I wouldn't be surprised if Wright or Moore or Samuel pass Smith on the depth chart by the end of the month.

Why is he fifth on the depth chart? I told you I didn't watch. Is Torrey smith still good?

Veteran respect I'd imagine. He's our #2 based on what i've seen. Wright will be a 3rd down target and not much else, to be honest thats all we need him to be.

I would expect to seem primarily Funchess, Samuel, and Moore by mid-season, with the other guys rotating in.

OK, thanks for the heads up. The depth chart was misleading, I guess.

Didn't even realize we had Dallas Week 1. I've been off the NFL grid. Last game I attended was the Thanksgiving game in Dallas where we ended Romo's career. That was a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back