• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
young and terrible. reid and bradberry are average. adams and dante are below. we havnt had a great safety since mike minter. we need a stud corner and safety to take advantage of the linebackers and interior dline. de could use some work as well

wait, what?

Dante is our best DB in my opinion. That injury was a huge loss today. But still not a valid excuse. Worried the talent has no faith in the coaching staff.

Tepper def seems like a dude that doesn't fuck around with mediocrity

He is 12/14 on the season

I understand he is great at making field goals when they do not count. Denver opening day after the super bowl, big miss at New Orleans a few years back. The only clutch kick was the Giants game, , that I can remember. I also think the coaching has been horrible this year. Would not have gone for 2 at Detroit ( and I know Gano would have had to kick it) and the last drive today we had to run it and make Seahawks burn their last time out.

I understand he is great at making field goals when they do not count. Denver opening day after the super bowl, big miss at New Orleans a few years back. The only clutch kick was the Giants game, , that I can remember. I also think the coaching has been horrible this year. Would not have gone for 2 at Detroit ( and I know Gano would have had to kick it) and the last drive today we had to run it and make Seahawks burn their last time out.

Meh, I wouldn't have ran it. You just have to stay aggressive at that point. Play first down football. Ganos kick has to be the last play of regulation, hit or miss. Even if we run it and they burn the timeout, they still have 1:05 to go 30 yards and win after the Gano miss. They still win. The real problem is once we crossed into Ganos "range", Ron/Norvs balls sucked up into their chest and their true colors came out, again...

pretty cool to have gone from "if we can beat the Saints at least once we have a shot at the division" to currently out of the playoffs in a span of a few weeks.

ON the first panther drive after two stupid play calls inside the 5 , on 4th and 2 Cam clearly got to the 2 yard line with the 3 being a first down. I was sitting in 502 directly above the play and could clearly see he made the first down. The ball was placed at the freakin 4 and the place went nuts. I watched the replay on the big screen thinking perhaps his knee touched at the 4 but CLEARLY he made it past the line to gain. "Upon further review" the cheating zebra said, "the runner's forward progress was stopped at the 4 yard line". What a LIE. It seemed to be the most egregious cheat call I've ever seen but, being at the game, and unable to hear the explanation other than the cheating Zebra can anyone tell me what happened? That play definitely cost us the game no doubt.

2018 Carolina Panthers 6-5

Maybe this is just a team who barely beat the Giants at home. Our wins don’t look impressive. It’s inexcusable. Heads need to roll.

nva, they never showed a good angle of that from the sidelines. From behind, it looked like his whole body made it over.

I know he made one to beat the Colts in 2015, seems like he made one or two more clutch game winning kicks that season.

Overall though I agree with you. The guy isn't clutch. You don't pay kickers to make kicks in the 1st quarter, you are paying them to win the game for you when you have to have the kick. Seems like Gano can't be that guy.

Maybe this is just a team who barely beat the Giants at home. Our wins don’t look impressive. It’s inexcusable. Heads need to roll.

nva, they never showed a good angle of that from the sidelines. From behind, it looked like his whole body made it over.

From my vantage point when he came down I could see the ball in his hands laying clearly on the 2 yard one. It was a first down no question and completely changed the tone of the game. Overall, I was pleased with the offense. Rivera plays too often for the field goal. The last possession was horrendous with the sideline 40 yard pass overthrown to Olsen and the lack of runs or short, middle of the field passes to run down the clock (which is what worked all day long). Just think Turner is incompetent most of the time. That game should have never been close. Panthers should have won by 2 touchdowns at least. The conversion on 4th and 3 for a TD from teh 35 yard line by Wilson was incredible. All the DB had to do was tun aroun and knock it down and the game was over.

We have a bad defense and we don't have the explosive offense we would need to make up for a bad defense. The D line is getting beat too often and not getting consistent pressure, the linebackers are missing tackles and out of position, and our secondary is too slow (Adams/Captain)

Nah, I don't think we do anymore. Defense flat out sucks

Completely agree. Panthers formula has always been to have a top 5-10 D and an offense that would be avg. to above average, but unfortunately both are average now.

Stats don't lie and the biggest issue is lack of pressure by our DL and LBs. We have just 25 sacks this year ranking the Cats in bottom 1/3rd of NFL in an area that they usually are tops. All DBs look weak when QBs can sit in pocket and wait for WRs to get open as eventually all WRs will get open. Also we are bottom half in INTs and fumble recoveries, so the D is just not producing as it has in the past. Last year you had Pep and Addison getting regular pressure and lots of sacks from ends and KK was a force in the middle, while this year it is only Addison and at times he goes quite as well.

I also agree that while our O is young they are the most talented we have had in years and should be scoring much more and be a top 5-10 O that would reverse our formula and put us in the playoffs. But while Norv has good between the 20s and for the first 3 quarters, he becomes incredibly predictable when in RZ and late in games as he goes very vanilla and doesn't use Samuels/DJ as much as he does early in the game. We should be scoring a whole lot more than we have the last 3 weeks.

We’ve had a young future HOFer on defense for most of the history of the franchise. All of a sudden, Luke isn’t young and in his prime anymore. Recent DL picks have been busts. The secondary may be a year or two away but still needs more talent.

This franchise needs a offensive minded coach who truly gets the modern game.

Ron said after the Chiefs Rams game that he prefers 7-6 type football games. That's really good to hear from the head man in the league these days.

Ron said after the Chiefs Rams game that he prefers 7-6 type football games. That's really good to hear from the head man in the league these days.

Yep, it’s like having an NBA coach who focuses on midrange shooting. He shouldn’t be a head coach.

I think we're learning there's really no sense in hiring a defensive minded head coach in this day and age in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back