• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave him 6 carries the entire game. What RB gets going on 6 carries? He didn't have a single carry on the opening drive. On the second drive he had two carries - the first for 8 yards and the second for 4 yards. That is pretty fucking effective in my book, but you do you. The next series he got zero carries as they put in CAP for some unknown reason. The series after that he got zero because they put in WhackaWhacka for a similar unknown reason. So until inside 6 minutes in the first half, he had 2 carries for 12 yards. You want him to be more effective than that? Again, that's on Shula, not CMC. The next drive he got two more carries and they scored their only TD. Again, effective.

Third quarter starts and again for some unknown reason CAP gets the carry. CMC gets zero carries in the entire 3rd quarter. That's on him? He gets 2 carries in the 4th, both of which come on the FG drive. So 4 of his 6 carries came on scoring drives, and the other 2 carries went for 12 yards. If that is your warped view of "not remotely effective", I don't know what to tell you.

Agree with your post however, CMC did drop two really easy swing passes that were killers. Perhaps that has something to do with him not getting more I don't know but both drops cost Panthers a first down and led to a punt.

I honestly think CMC isn’t very healthy, and the coaches are scared to use him.

So using him a decoy like they’ve used Olsen when he’s not 100%?

Then why not just rest everybody yesterday? We need as many players as possible 100%.

So using him a decoy like they’ve used Olsen when he’s not 100%?

Then why not just rest everybody yesterday? We need as many players as possible 100%.

This is my big takeaway, and seemed to be what they did with Stewart. If you aren’t trying to win, then go all in on not trying to win.

Hypothetically - what if CMC was on the saints and Kamara was a panther? Would we all still be saying the same about each player?

I’m not a Shula fan, period. I think if CMC is on the Saints he torches people because of the system they run. Shula still has a job because Cam is able to win games despite poor play calling. Cam is that good. Clearly when Shula organizes an offense toward CMC, for example the first drive of the GB game, it opens up everything. Yet he doesn’t do that. The worst thing you can do for Cam is tell him to drop back and try to throw to a double covered Greg, Funchess who can hardly get space, and sunshine from Remember the Titans.

Hypothetically - what if CMC was on the saints and Kamara was a panther? Would we all still be saying the same about each player?

I’m not a Shula fan, period. I think if CMC is on the Saints he torches people because of the system they run. Shula still has a job because Cam is able to win games despite poor play calling. Cam is that good. Clearly when Shula organizes an offense toward CMC, for example the first drive of the GB game, it opens up everything. Yet he doesn’t do that. The worst thing you can do for Cam is tell him to drop back and try to throw to a double covered Greg, Funchess who can hardly get space, and sunshine from Remember the Titans.

I buy that argument. What were the 40 times for both?

Would Panther Kamara be a 3rd round pick?

Would Panther Kamara be a 3rd round pick?

Im not taking it that far - just what if you switched each? I’m pretty convinced that CMC would be producing at a much higher level (maybe not as high as Kamara this year) but Kamara wouldn’t remotely come close to what he’s been doing as a Saint. The point is the system that Kamara is in allows him to achieve much more than what CMC is stuck in. Shula doesn’t know how to use him. Heck, I’m not sure Shula knows how to get the most out of Cam. Shula’s use of Cam is a QB run and the run/pass option. Shula still has a job because Cam is that good to cover up his mistakes. He wins, albeit not in the traditional drop back and pass way, but he wins games.

Ok. But part of the issue with CMC is that we spent a high pick on him and other teams got better or at least comparable players further down in the draft.

Then it seems like we drafted a player that doesn’t fit our system. I don’t think CMC is as bad as a lot of people on here make him out to be. I think he can be excellent player, but we don’t have the OC who knows how to get the most out of him.

It seems that we should have found a way to draft Fournette, since he’s a big bruiser like JStew. That type of player is somebody who Shula can use. CMC can be worth the #8 pick, but it’s not his problem. It’s Shula.

Well our GM seemed eager to change the system and then he got fired. Maybe we can trade CMC and Samuel to the Giants for some picks.

Damn. Then what the hell are we doing? Put him on IR and use Fozzy. If that's true, that's some RGIII type shit to do to your 1st rounder.

Kamara would be better than CMC in our system because that dude can break tackles and for some reason Shula still tries to run CMC up the gut for a handful of carries per game

Agree that CMC would prob crush it as a Saint

I have a weird feeling we beat the Saints this weekend and then lose to the Eagles because this team is annoying

I assume Panthers fans that don't like Cam are of the same ilk as Wake fans that for some reason don't like CP3

I assume Panthers fans that don't like Cam are of the same ilk as Wake fans that for some reason don't like CP3

LOL. Who did Cam punch in the nuts? Which championship games did CP3 lead anybody to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back