• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay if Rivera leaves because then we can get Cowher.

A few of the names in the deep running back class that was talked about a few pages back:

Ah6T4uE.jpg

It would be foolish not to get a RB.

I think it would be foolish to draft one. If all those guys are good, there are going to be a number of RB's cut during the offseason. Take one or more of those off of the scrap heap and don't waste a draft pick on a 2-3rd string guy next year.

What if Hurney pays Carlos Hyde or someone similar DeAngelo money this offseason? I could see it.

I think it would be foolish to draft one. If all those guys are good, there are going to be a number of RB's cut during the offseason. Take one or more of those off of the scrap heap and don't waste a draft pick on a 2-3rd string guy next year.

One of the better values in the league is having a rookie RB you can give a full workload to. It's also the only position in the NFL you get the best years out of a player in their rookie contract. People act like there are competent RBs just lying around willing to play football's most brutal position for peanuts. Stew is done, CAP is not good and Fozzy does what CMC does but not as good. We should draft a RB, just not in the first 2 (maybe 3) rounds.

Last edited:
Right. And it seems like the street RBs who are the most successful run behind strong OLs. We don't have one of those. Yet.

where do you guys want to see us draft for the OL?

i'm afraid matt kalil is viewed as "good enough" to not draft over, but he's probably our weakest link on the line. kalil and larsen are solid at C, trai turner and norwell are great at G (could use back-up depth), and darryl looks like he's had a solid season at RT

would love to get McGlinchey in the first but we probably draft too low; staying with ND Quenton Nelson would be awesome too

Looks like Moton got a little action as the season went along. I only remember seeing him as a 6th OL in some short yardage sets. I don't think he's played LT.

quenton nelson just seems like one of these goons you plug into your line and you're set for a decade

could help us justify letting go of norwell

let's do it!

I think you should pay for good OL (Norwell) when you get them. It's so hard to find good offensive linemen. And he's incredibly consistent and reliable. And he plays a position that won't break the bank.

Our biggest need on the line is at center IMO. Larsen is fine, but we need a replacement for Kalil sooner rather than later. Good locker room guy, but he's probably done as a pro bowler.

Matt Kalil is our LT for another two years at least. His contract makes him unmovable; which is in contrast with how he plays.

2017 Carolina Panthers Playoffs Thread: 11-5

Matt Kalil doesn’t have to be a starting LT.

Agree on getting a new C.

Mama Kalil will be sending the new owners and Hurney some cakes and pies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back