• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The next time you hire someone or put your life and freedom on the line for strangers let me know.

My bad, drinking coffee, wearing flannel and bitching about the world in a meeting of like minds is the same as providing opportunity and really fighting the system here and abroad.

Someday, maybe you'll do something from someplace other the sidelines. When you do, we can talk.

Did i say it was disqualifying? I think it’s funny and worthy of derision.

Did i say it was disqualifying? I think it’s funny and worthy of derision.

It's worthy of derision? That he thought the big city was cool because he had only really experienced mid-/small-town Indiana to that point?

My bad, drinking coffee, wearing flannel and bitching about the world in a meeting of like minds is the same as providing opportunity and really fighting the system here and abroad.

Maybe I'm thinking of this because today is the 25th anniversary of Cobain's suicide and they had the Nirvana manager on NPR to talk about his new book today. Sounds like a bunch of grunge fans from Seattle here.

You are welcome to read the rest of the piece, in which he calls people protesting for living wages for Harvard janitorial staff “social justice warriors,” a frequent RW talking point.

You are welcome to read the rest of the piece, in which he calls people protesting for living wages for Harvard janitorial staff “social justice warriors,” a frequent RW talking point.

Not gonna read it and give it clicks, since the quoted part earlier was unbelievably stupid drivel, but the term "social justice warriors" has only recently become derogatory when shorted to SJWs, when was the quote from Mayor Pete?

STFU Boomer. You don’t know anything about what I do and I’m a member of a group that has been frequently targeted by Proud Boys and other fascist groups.

Over and over again you prove your weakness and why you will fail. You attack everyone (not just me) who doesn't goosestep to your desires. You attack people who would normally want to help you. You attack people who have done what you are trying to do. You attack who agree with you 70% or more rather than building on the commonality you have and growing.

Each of those positions shows your weakness and ignorance. You act like a spoiled three year old Trumpee. Then, like that spoiled three year old, you lash out.

1) Social justice warrior isn't really a pejorative among most liberals I know. I proudly call myself one. And the context in which he used it does not suggest it being used as a pejorative, it comes across as the author attributing that context to it in order to make their own biased point.

2) The rest of the article read basically the same to me. At best, the author brings up points that are 50/50 and then uses their own bias to attribute the negative connotation. The whole piece just seems like a way to try to make Buttigieg seem disingenuous and somehow a fake politician, and in that regard it misses the mark. Some of those anecdotes really register with me, and I would imagine they register with lots of people. If you strip away the author's obvious attempts at trying to find something to take down Buttigieg, the article does a really good job as presenting him as a man of direct action and thoughtfulness.

Either way, the clock shit is just dumb and IMO shows just how dangerous Bernie supporters know that Buttigieg is.

It's worthy of derision? That he thought the big city was cool because he had only really experienced mid-/small-town Indiana to that point?

Yeah I don’t get why that story is worthy of derision.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought all kids who go to college in a region different from where they grew up find it broadens the mind through new sights, people and experiences.

Some of our country’s problems today would probably be solved by people experiencing a part of the country that’s foreign to them.

guys, he's a boring white guy who went to the BIG CITY and that's funny because it's a trope and that's just how generic he is.

You see what you want to see I guess. Have a good rest of your Friday.

guys, he's a boring white guy who went to the BIG CITY and that's funny because it's a trope and that's just how generic he is.

He reminds of a guy W. Kamau Bell interviewed in Portland. The guy was wearing skinny jeans, a stocking cap (in the summer), a long beard and a flannel shirt. His job was to review expensive coffee shops for a blog. Bell asked him what it was like being a hipster in Portland. The guy looked puzzled and said he didn't know any. :)

1) Social justice warrior isn't really a pejorative among most liberals I know. I proudly call myself one. And the context in which he used it does not suggest it being used as a pejorative, it comes across as the author attributing that context to it in order to make their own biased point.

This is the problem with the far left. They have no clue how whiny and out of touch they appear to the left of center and center.

Small town kid who admires Bernie Sanders finds Boston awe-inspiring. Years later, an ardent Bernie supporter mocks him for it because he dared to run for President against Bernie.

This is the problem with the far left. They have no clue how whiny and out of touch they appear to the left of center and center.

Meh. Out of touch center and right-wing white people don't care how out of touch they are to the majority of the country.

Seems like if he grew up in South Bend he woulda gone to Chicago frequently and known what it's like to be in a city of consequence. Can't trust a thing he says.

Back