• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I’m for constructive dialogue about candidates. I’m not for just spouting shit about other candidate to prop up my candidate. The M boys are just shitclouding threads.

The latest post are just examples of my point. There’s no ONE TRUE universal health care plan. But they think there is. I’m willing to listen to different plans and see what works best.

Okay, but you’re talking to me.

Who thinks there is one universal healthcare? How does universal healthcare work if it’s not universal?

And do you have a response to my point about progressives?

1b84d7fc137ecb507495fadf8c0a7872f5962a740b9e2951ecef8cc0d9b0afef.png

Strick, I’m not sure what response you’re looking for. I haven’t seen many if any Democrats with a goal besides universal health care. Perhaps you can give me some examples of what you’re talking about. It seems like the plans people take issue with are more incremental than other plans but far better than ACA.

Strick, I’m not sure what response you’re looking for. I haven’t seen many if any Democrats with a goal besides universal health care. Perhaps you can give me some examples of what you’re talking about. It seems like the plans people take issue with are more incremental than other plans but far better than ACA.

I’m looking for a response to my critique of your use of progressive.

What’s your definition of progressive besides an ideology?

I’m not sure how what you said is much different than what I said.

Of the candidates in the field, which are progressive and which are not?

What’s your answer?

What is your’s? Since you are being so evasive on what you think the definition of progressive is, i thought it would be more constructive to know which candidates you consider progressive.

I would probably say:
Bernie
Warren

Maybes
Gillibrand
Harris

TBD
Buttigieg

Probably not
Klobuchar

Definitely not
Beto

Who am i missing

Ph, you are just as guilty as the M&Ms in terms of stifling dialogue on here...

I would say that the candidates in this race who are running as progressives are Warren, Sanders, Gillibrand, and Harris. I can imagine that there will be some disagreement over the last two.

Booker, Buttigieg, and O'Rourke are rhetoric progressives, but don't have anything in their records at this point to suggest that their platforms will ultimately be progressive. Booker is a weird one. He supports reparations, but has already walked back his position on health care. He also has weird politics regarding corporate regulation, financial policy, and education.

Feel free to agree or disagree.

See, it's not hard, y'all! Just say what you believe.

What is your’s? Since you are being so evasive on what you think the definition of progressive is, i thought it would be more constructive to know which candidates you consider progressive.

I would probably say:
Bernie
Warren

Maybes
Gillibrand
Harris

TBD
Buttigieg

Probably not
Klobuchar

Definitely not
Beto

Who am i missing

So, my tongue-in-cheek response wasn’t far off.

Who are your candidates, bym? What issues are important to you during this election cycle? How do you identify politically?

Wasn’t far off from being an asshole. It’s a legitimate question. Do you want to provide an answer?

I’d put your first 4 as progressives as well as Hickenlooper and Inslee, think it’s fair to list Mayor Pete as TBD, Klobichar as not and Beto as probably not.

I know nothing about Yang. I need to learn more about candidates who aren’t front runners.

Back