• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I don’t understand why bailing out wealthy people for bad decisions is right but “bailing out” regular people who made the decision to go to college is bad.

Why are you worried about how much something is going to cost? You don’t have to do that. You’re a democrat.

Every hour, taxpayers in the United States are paying $32.08 million for Total Cost of Wars Since 2001.

I don't think you've ever been right about anything. In fact, you are the perfect representative for today's Republicans. Show up with a big mouth and a dumb argument, get your ass laid flat with facts, come back that next day with no shame making another loud, stupid argument and getting shown your ass again. Rinse, repeat.

tough to determine who is dumber, him or brad

I don't think you've ever been right about anything. In fact, you are the perfect representative for today's Republicans. Show up with a big mouth and a dumb argument, get your ass laid flat with facts, come back that next day with no shame making another loud, stupid argument and getting shown your ass again. Rinse, repeat.

This is coming from a dude who doesn't think Michael Jackson touched little boys.

This is coming from a dude who doesn't think Michael Jackson touched little boys.

My quote: "Need a he's guilty, and for various other reasons I have not listened to any of his songs in a decade anyway option."

See? This is my point - you're wrong about literally everything.

Assuming there is money (a true leap of faith that's not based in reality) to forgive all student debt, it would be huge waste of money. Don't have a heart attack. Here's why.

Let's assume there is about $1.6T in student debt. If the money exists to pay this, it's very wasteful to spend it all on clearing student debt and nothing else. There are many people who have debt who can afford to pay it off.

If an average college costs about $30-40,000/years for all in costs, we'd be talking about seven people per million dollars for a four year full scholarship. That's 7000 scholarships per billion dollars. If you used a third of the $1.6T for full scholarships, you could provide full, four year scholarships for over 3 millions kids or even more if half or more were for trade schools and other training programs.

You could permanently endow tens of thousands (or more) full scholarships with another 1/3 of that money.

This would be much better than sinking it all into one pot.

Looks like someone hacked RJ's account.

How much did those tax cuts cost? We certainly have not cut spending so we’re just borrowing money to pay for those as well. Junebug, where’s the hand wringing about how that’s adding to the debt. Catamount, don’t bother responding

How much did those tax cuts cost? We certainly have not cut spending so we’re just borrowing money to pay for those as well. Junebug, where’s the hand wringing about how that’s adding to the debt. Catamount, don’t bother responding

Much of our national debt is owed to Americans who are getting these tax cuts.

Don't forget the farmer bailouts to compensate for the tariffs.

Back