• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

No, I’m saying that it’s easy to have shitty politics and hoard opportunities (e.g., Medicare) when you already have access to the benefit that the policy M4A advocates for...

Presumably, you like your health care benefit. Why not advocate for others to have access to it quickly? Why advocate for incrementalism? Honest questions.

Bigotry against the elderly? RJ, it’s too early to be this off the handle!

Goddamnit you are fucking dense. As I've said, and you can look it up, I've been for EVERYONE being able to buy into Medicare for years BEFORE I had access. Thus your premise is as full of shit as your bigotry and blaming boomers for all the ills in your life is.

This is another issue of you being 100% LW Trumpian. You can't admit you are wrong factually or apologize for false personal insults.

Changing TENS OF MILLIONS of people is not incrementalism. The reality is businesses will change as quickly as their contracts allow them to if they can save as much money as this change would. This is BY FAR the quickest way to relegate private insurance companies onto the dust pile of history.

It's not possible to get rid of private insurance overnight. This plan will get rid of it faster than anything else. This would be a radical change. It scares the shit out of private insurance companies.

My bad, it actually takes insight and the ability to think rationally and for yourself.

As to your bigotry, you show it many times each week.

Goddamnit you are fucking dense. As I've said, and you can look it up, I've been for EVERYONE being able to buy into Medicare for years BEFORE I had access. Thus your premise is as full of shit as your bigotry and blaming boomers for all the ills in your life is.

This is another issue of you being 100% LW Trumpian. You can't admit you are wrong factually or apologize for false personal insults.

Changing TENS OF MILLIONS of people is not incrementalism. The reality is businesses will change as quickly as their contracts allow them to if they can save as much money as this change would. This is BY FAR the quickest way to relegate private insurance companies onto the dust pile of history.

It's not possible to get rid of private insurance overnight. This plan will get rid of it faster than anything else. This would be a radical change. It scares the shit out of private insurance companies.

My bad, it actually takes insight and the ability to think rationally and for yourself.

As to your bigotry, you show it many times each week.

How old are you? 10 years ago you were still likely close to Medicare eligibility. I also don’t care about them, man. People are dying in the fucking street. Social policy isn’t a game for me. I’m sorry.

Again, it’s easy to hold conservative perspectives (not politically conservative, but incrementalism is conservative) when you’re comfortable or approaching comfort. It’s why the boomers who embrace the right and the center-left suck so badly.

They are hoarding opportunities from a welfare state they have systematically dismantled while preserving benefits like social security and Medicare.

And yea nobody is expecting the transition to be immediate, but M4A - had any of y’all actually read the fucking proposal - necessarily involves a phase-in period.

Is it too much to want folks to not talk out of their asses on this shit that really matters?

Are any of y’all outside of MHB doing anything in your communities to expand access to healthcare?

Last edited:
RJ do you feel like you’re the only rational thinker and open-minded poster on this board? Legitimate question.

RJ do you feel like you’re the only rational thinker and open-minded poster on this board? Legitimate question.

Absolutely not and never have.

When people ignore facts that don't suit them, like how long I've favored everyone being able to but Medicare, it pisses me off. It shows a gross lack of honesty and of respect. If you do that, one shouldn't cry or blame others for being held accountable. This is not about you.

How old are you? 10 years ago you were still likely close to Medicare eligibility. I also don’t care about them, man. People are dying in the fucking street. Social policy isn’t a game for me. I’m sorry.

Ten years ago (and it was more that I've posted this position), I was nine years away from getting Medicare. If we had done this 10 or 20 years ago, we wouldn't have this problem today.

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU say that this is a game and people dying in the street don't matter to me. I'm so tired of your lying shit!!

Again, it’s easy to hold conservative perspectives (not politically conservative, but incrementalism is conservative) when you’re comfortable or approaching comfort. It’s why the boomers who embrace the right and the center-left suck so badly.

Again FUCK YOU!! How many times have you put your freedom and/or your life on the line for people you don't know. I have. To say such things over and again about me shows how classless and ignorant you.I've tried REALLY hard to put with your total BS, but you going back to it.
Don't try to play games of semantics after you have been busted and say this isn't about me.

They are hoarding opportunities from a welfare state they have systematically dismantled while preserving benefits like social security and Medicare.

You are totally FOS as usual.

And yea nobody is expecting the transition to be immediate, but M4A - had any of y’all actually read the fucking proposal - necessarily involves a phase-in period.

Is it too much to want folks to not talk out of their asses on this shit that really matters?

Are any of y’all outside of MHB doing anything in your communities to expand access to healthcare?

Of course you don’t even bother to respond to the substantive parts of my post. Drive up to Skid Row, talk to some people/providers, and see how many friends your incrementalism pitch gets you.

Of course you don’t even bother to respond to the substantive parts of my post. Drive up to Skid Row, talk to some people/providers, and see how many friends your incrementalism pitch gets you.

Actually just drive out to the tent cities in Santa Ana or Anaheim (if the Orange County NIMBYs haven’t gotten them cleared out yet) if you want to see the transformative politics of incrementalism in action.

You are sooooooooooooo good at being Trumpian! You asked me how old I was and how close I was to Medicare when I started with this position. I answered it DIRECTLY. It didn't fit your needs so you skipped over it and said I didn't answer and changed the issue from my self-interest to some nebulous skid comment.

Then I directly responded to your "being comfortable" nonsense. Of course, neglected that as well. How Trumpian of you.

EVERY time you are shown to be FOS, you can't man up and say you are wrong, You simply change the subject just like the LW Trumpee you are.

Actually just drive out to the tent cities in Santa Ana or Anaheim (if the Orange County NIMBYs haven’t gotten them cleared out yet) if you want to see the transformative politics of incrementalism in action.

Changing the subject again. Homelessness is about many things M4A will not solve this problem.

What's the next change you'll do to avoid taking responsibility, Mr. LW Trump?

You are sooooooooooooo good at being Trumpian! You asked me how old I was and how close I was to Medicare when I started with this position. I answered it DIRECTLY. It didn't fit your needs so you skipped over it and said I didn't answer and changed the issue from my self-interest to some nebulous skid comment.

Then I directly responded to your "being comfortable" nonsense. Of course, neglected that as well. How Trumpian of you.

EVERY time you are shown to be FOS, you can't man up and say you are wrong, You simply change the subject just like the LW Trumpee you are.

If Townie isn’t dead, then I think that the irony in this post might finally do the job.

Changing the subject again. Homelessness is about many things M4A will not solve this problem.

What's the next change you'll do to avoid taking responsibility, Mr. LW Trump?

Speaking of taking responsibility, how much affordable and permanent supportive housing has HB built since it got sanctioned by the federal government.

I’m sorry if the cries of incrementalism from a well off senior citizen in a NIMBY beach town in a red county (in the bluest state in the USA, no less) don’t move me.

Speaking of taking responsibility, how much affordable and permanent supportive housing has HB built since it got sanctioned by the federal government.

I’m sorry if the cries of incrementalism from a well off senior citizen in a NIMBY beach town in a red county (in the bluest state in the USA, no less) don’t move me.

You have NO FUCKING clue what I have done or not done. Yet you are an expert on it. That is Trump 101.

Hell, during the election, I even PMed you about things I was doing in a couple of local elections/issues but didn't want to post on the board. You knew this and still make BS accusations.

You are by far the laziest, most dishonest people on this board.

You have NO FUCKING clue what I have done or not done. Yet you are an expert on it. That is Trump 101.

Hell, during the election, I even PMed you about things I was doing in a couple of local elections/issues but didn't want to post on the board. You knew this and still make BS accusations.

You are by far the laziest, most dishonest people on this board.

All you do on here is just talk shit to anybody who doesn’t agree with your incrementalist philosophy. I doubt that I’m among the laziest people on this board. Take is back you LIARRRRRRRRRRR

You can't even admit that you are wrong about anything here. You know that I was doing things last fall. You can't even tell the truth about your BS accusations when you have had FIRST HAND information.

As to "incrementalization", I showed a way to IMMEDIATELY move TENS of MILLIONS of Americans closer to your goal and how it would bring your ultimate goal quicker and easier. Unless you have NO CLUE what the mantra "incrementalization" means, you'd see that you are wrong again!

What I showed was also a much cheaper way to do it than Bernie's M4A plan.

What language is "take is back"?

It's not about you not agreeing with me. It's about you changing the subject rather than admitting you are wrong about things as obvious as I didn't didn't answer your question when I had answered it directly.

I'm still sometimes unsure RJ isn't a parody. RJ, take a break from the internet man.

You can't even admit that you are wrong about anything here. You know that I was doing things last fall. You can't even tell the truth about your BS accusations when you have had FIRST HAND information.

As to "incrementalization", I showed a way to IMMEDIATELY move TENS of MILLIONS of Americans closer to your goal and how it would bring your ultimate goal quicker and easier. Unless you have NO CLUE what the mantra "incrementalization" means, you'd see that you are wrong again!

What I showed was also a much cheaper way to do it than Bernie's M4A plan.

What language is "take is back"?

It's not about you not agreeing with me. It's about you changing the subject rather than admitting you are wrong about things as obvious as I didn't didn't answer your question when I had answered it directly.

Are you referring to MyLife card? What did you do? I was never on TOB, just OGB since 2011.

Are you referring to MyLife card? What did you do? I was never on TOB, just OGB since 2011.

No, I'm not referring to that.

I want to give everyone a point of reference.

Last fall, Strick was giving me the ration of shit about not doing anything. I sent him a PM and explained that there are things I don't discuss on the board. I gave him a couple of things I was doing, with whom and what. He thought it was cool and liked it.

Of course, he never admitted he was wrong to give me shit due his ignorance of my activities. He never once said, RJ is doing something in spite of being very quick to call me out repeatedly for not doing anything.

He's at it again posting things about the homelessness problem in OC and other things. He knows that I won't post certain things. But still he has to give me shit while being ignorant of what I may or may not be doing. Once more, he can't admit he's wrong about this or anything else.

This is the epitome of dishonesty and classlessness.

I completely expect him to change the subject and blame me about something else rather than admitting he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and saying it was wrong to accuse me.

I’m not accusing you of anything, man. Read carefully and you’ll see that.

You often bring up your credentials as a way of shitting on other people’s positions as infeasible or naive.

I’m making blanket generalizations about boomers - who are the worst - and asked whether the incrementalist folks on this board actually do anything on a local level to expand access to healthcare. You responded to this as a personal attack, but it was a misreading of my post.

I acknowledge that some people do activist work in other areas (I certainly do), but it’s also become clear that voting and posting on this board equal the extent of a lot of folks’ political participation, especially some of the folks who stop by to flame “Bernie bros.”

If you read more closely, then you might have caught that... if you read more closely, that is.

Last edited:
Sorry, you were specific to me multiple times, but are too dishonest admit. You are doing EXACTLY as I said you do. Deflect and defer and blame others.

RJ you are constantly operating under the assumption that you are always right and that anyone that disagrees is deliberately being dishonest. Then you attack those people for disagreeing. Reminds me of something.

Back