• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

But you don’t support student loan forgiveness for those making under a certain threshold, which would help many more people for literal decades longer.

That's not what I said. I said I opposed a blanket student loan forgiveness for everyone. I also said I would not oppose a public works reduction/forgiveness for some people.

But you'd rather be snarky than read. It's easier to take cheap shots than to be civil for you.

You don't even need to do anything as drastic as eliminating the earnings cap to save SS.

That would be a drastic tax increase to a certain segment of the population. That's an effective 12% tax on certain wage earners.

That's not what I said. I said I opposed a blanket student loan forgiveness for everyone. I also said I would not oppose a public works reduction/forgiveness for some people.

But you'd rather be snarky than read. It's easier to take cheap shots than to be civil for you.

RJ, why did you ignore my post? Why is it right that SS applies to all and student debt forgiveness shouldn't?

Why should I subsidize Boomer retirement, but it's horrifying to think about tax dollars (that based on current proposals nobody on here would likely even contribute to) subsidizing student loan debt?

It was never meant to pay rich people.

Lots of people pay into unemployment and never collect any. There are lots of things you pay taxes for that one never gets the benefit.

This is such an ignorant post

It would be like suggesting that employees from companies shouldn't get pensions if they earned a lot of money over their time at the firm.

At least this should stop MHB from acting like we're nuts for worrying about Bernie supporters not voting Dem in the general. Should be easy for the Green Party candidate to pick off this holier than thou fools again.

Last edited:
I'm far more worried about GOTV than I am about who DSA endorses. How about we just focus on knocking on doors, making phone calls, and registering voters when the time comes?

That's what I'll be doing at least.

I agree, but this is an all hands on deck situation, and DSA is refusing to help.

I agree, but this is an all hands on deck situation, and DSA is refusing to help.

That's one way to read it. From personal experience, DSA has been there for any movement worth a damn in Los Angeles. I'm more interested in DSA's continued willingness to turn bodies out for movement work than over the (maybe?) couple thousands of votes in solidly blue states that we're talking about...

The idea that you would phase out a high earning person from SSA or lift the income cap are great for saving the system but fly directly in the face of what the program was designed to be.

I'm far more worried about GOTV than I am about who DSA endorses. How about we just focus on knocking on doors, making phone calls, and registering voters when the time comes?

Fuckin' A right

True "bros" are nothing more than running up the score if the true Democratic base gets out the vote.

The idea that you would phase out a high earning person from SSA or lift the income cap are great for saving the system but fly directly in the face of what the program was designed to be.

This is only true for any person that has read and understands history.

This may or may not be true for any person that just wanders around in life attempting to reinvent themselves as more or less progressive as the times call in order to call themselves a "moderate".

BINGO!!!!

Welcome to the world I've been promoting since the day Trump won....Everything should be done to counter to the Russian/Trump plan to suppress the vote from people of color and younger people.

We have to get the voter participation numbers up.

This is only true for any person that has read and understands history.

This may or may not be true for any person that just wanders around in life attempting to reinvent themselves as more or less progressive as the times call in order to call themselves a "moderate".

Stick to kickball.

As usual, you have no clue what you are talking about. Keep promoting your lie. Telling it over and over and over will never make it true.

They don't really have electoral power.

Except the same power any of us have. That’s important.

The biggest thing is DSA proved the narrative about Bernie’s base. They’re unreliable allies in the fight against GOP politics.

Back