• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I didn't whine. I EXPECTED him to do it and said EXACTLY that. What other meaning could this post of mine mean- "were suckered like a tourist playing 3 card Monte on the street in NYC. I knew this would be your reaction and you showed it again. "

What part of that could possibly be rationally construed as "whining"? If you said, "crowing" or "bragging", you'd be accurate. But whining is the opposite of what I posted.

In less than two days Strick was shown to be a fool at least three times:

1. Trying to say I used 3rd person to describe myself when the post was clearly about his thought process. Strick's arrogance and blindness were evident here. Hell, for decades, there has been no love lost between Chris and myself, but even he saw the obvious that Strick didn't.

2. RE: THe Fox poll- Strick jumped to an erroneous assumption that the poll was as biased as Fox News itself when it's one of the most respected polls out there. MSNBC and CNN use it as much as Qunnipiac and Monmouth polls. 538 gives it an A rating. His blind ignorance doesn't even allow to see that people who testify against their own interest are most often more truthful. But to Strick it shows my waning intelligence. The reality is it shows how blind, arrogant and ignorant he is.

3. RE: PM- ADT, you know I am not afraid, unwilling or hesitant to say such things right here on the board and have done so many times in the past. A person with reasonable "cognitive" ability would ask, "why is he doing this here?" Considering I had also gone after very publicly in the previous twenty-four hours, such a PM should put up a red flag as to "why" to anyone who isn't a victim of his own arrogance and false positive of his own abilities. This should have been more obvious than Ali's rope-a-dope. But it wasn't to Strick.

Why is cognitive in quotes?

One of my favorite board myths. The offer still stands. If anyone can find my "trust fund" or other buckets of cash that allow me not to work, I will gladly give you 50%.

Stop promising people your millions, RJ. As the sole heir of your estate, I must say I find it irresponsible.

You and Jay are simply ignoring the additional part of that regulation dealing with individuals who are deemed mentally incapable of handling their own benefits payments. All you have to do is read the actual language. To say they don’t relate to mental health is belied by the actual language

You are even more of a mental midget than I initially thought. Here is the joint resolution from congress.gov:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/40

This regulation would have deprived citizens of a constitutional right solely because of the way the federal government classifies them. Not based on anything they had done in the past.

Also ignored by the MSM and numbers is the fact this did nothing to overturn the federal law from 1968 which prohibited those who have "been adjudicated as a mental defective or…been committed to any mental institution" from having a gun. Nor did this have any impact on the Brady Law and the national database.

In addition to the ACLU, other alt-right organizations like the American Association of People with Disabilities as well as the National Alliance on Mental Illness thought Obama's executive order on this was bullshit.

No matter how many on the Tunnels Left think otherwise, you can't just ignore or eliminate constitutional rights because it aligns with your political views.

What's next... eliminating Amendment 4 for everyone who isn't a registered Dem???

You are even more of a mental midget than I initially thought. Here is the joint resolution from congress.gov:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/40

This regulation would have deprived citizens of a constitutional right solely because of the way the federal government classifies them. Not based on anything they had done in the past.

Also ignored by the MSM and numbers is the fact this did nothing to overturn the federal law from 1968 which prohibited those who have "been adjudicated as a mental defective or…been committed to any mental institution" from having a gun. Nor did this have any impact on the Brady Law and the national database.

In addition to the ACLU, other alt-right organizations like the American Association of People with Disabilities as well as the National Alliance on Mental Illness thought Obama's executive order on this was bullshit.

No matter how many on the Tunnels Left think otherwise, you can't just ignore or eliminate constitutional rights because it aligns with your political views.

What's next... eliminating Amendment 4 for everyone who isn't a registered Dem???

Midget is an offensive word. I stopped reading.

"bernie bros"

The “Bernie Bro” argument isn’t that Sanders only has support among white men. It’s that the white men who support Bernie are more likely to be obnoxious trolls, particularly volatile, and unreliable Democrat supporters.

Is that argument informed by anything other than your own bias and feelings?

Is that argument informed by anything other than your own bias and feelings?

I voted for Bernie in 2016. I just noticed other people who did as well.

I get what you're saying--the analogy isn't needed. I like that Bernie has been saying and doing roughly the same things for a really long time. That's the appeal for me about him. And the few things he's been wrong or wishy-washy about, he's mostly turned around.

He's no longer my #1, and my current #1, Warren, is old af too. I find it tough to swallow Harris and PeteButt's backgrounds, but I'd vote for them or another younger candidate too. I like the platforms of the olds (not Biden) more than the people themselves.

I'm not far off on that. I don't want to like Warren compared to the younger choices (she has never been a captivating speaking, and unfortunately, I think that matters) but she has run the best campaign so far.

Last edited:
Back