• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

He is taking regs away and lowering taxes but also torching global relationships and economics with his asinine trade wars. And no one really knows what he’ll wake up tomorrow and decree because there is no strategy or plan. Not predictable and terribly volatile.

And yeah I wasn’t meaning to suggest that Warren or Bernie would be more stable. They would not be stable but like you said they’ll at least rebuild guardrails for the industry.

It would, hopefully, be a new normal and after initial adjustments lead to stability.

Playing within better rules, businesses will still be able to make money.

But nothing more enduring will happen unless Dems control the WH, the senate, and house. More enduring changes require more than executive orders, etc.

I think the bigger worry is that the US turns into Europe where the stoxx 50 is still below where it was in 2000.

Kamala Harris was on Anderson Cooper tonight. At some point, my wife and I looked at each other and said together “Has she been drinking?” She was slurring her words, mangling what she wanted to say, and just not all there. I don’t know much about her. Is she known to enjoy a drink? I mean, surely not, right?

would anyone be surprised?

Quick question: if you have an extra $1.5 billion kicking around, who are you going to invest it with? Warren Buffett? Goldman Sachs? or Hunter Biden and Whitey Bulgar's nephew?

the greatest criminal mastermind of our time. hillary

as an aside, sailor, you’re still posting stupid shit. do you enjoy being so ignorant?

Quick question: if you have an extra $1.5 billion kicking around, who are you going to invest it with? Warren Buffett? Goldman Sachs? or Hunter Biden and Whitey Bulgar's nephew?

LOL. Warren Buffett focuses on investing in mature mostly old economy companies.

These investments were trying to take advantage of the growth space in US/China commerce activities.

Do you not realize the multitude of private equity firms and hedge funds that are dealing with asset bases of this size? Being a big fish in a smaller pond gives you control and a more active stake in the managment. Ultimately, their goal is to generate higher returns than they could in a passive investment scenario.

Thanks, Uncle George. So, you're a Biden-Bulgar fan when it comes to investment acumen. Wonder what they were investing in? Could it be companies that might interest the Chinese military?

Thanks, Uncle George. So, you're a Biden-Bulgar fan when it comes to investment acumen. Wonder what they were investing in? Could it be companies that might interest the Chinese military?
Looks like they own a couple of Automotive companies a couple of mining concerns (copper), a Consumer Finance concern. Looks like they've already enacted the exit strategy on five Investments they had

Perhaps you can do a little research instead of regurgitating the conspiracy theory propaganda you read on Breitbart and the New York Post Etc

Learn to spell when describing your impotent conspiracy theories, you demented old has been.

As opposed to Trump having a convicted Russian mobster, Felix Sater, as his partner in Trump Soho?

As opposed to Trump having the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as the financial partner of Trump Baku?

As opposed to Trump borrowing over $100,000,000 from Putin's bank for Trump Toronto?

Typical sailor, bringing up people who have been exonerated or proven innocent while ignoring the clear and convicted criminals who are Trump's actual partners.

I mean it's people like sailor who have literally ruined the Republican Party. They don't give a rat's ass about truth or reality. it's whatever conspiracy theory they can throw up against the wall to make political hay from.

Last edited:
How about the Russian money laundering scheme that operated out of Trump Tower? Trump fired US Attorney Preet Bahara just before he was taking this case to court. To make matters even worse, he put Jeff Sessions in charge of the case. I can't find a single case of money laundering where any POTUS' AG ever became personally involved.

Point of reference, the group was charged with laundering over $220,000,000, conspiracy and an array of IRS charges. These are charges that have paper trails and are almost never lost. We had the people. These cases brings years in prison and huge fines.

The criminals were represented by Russian lawyer who was at the Trump tower meeting. Sessions gave her clients a fine of under $6M. no admission of guilt, no convictions and no jail time.

Other than owning Trump, there is no rational explanation of how this could possibly happen.

Congress should immunize Sessions and make him testify.

What’s with the apostrophe between Biden and Bulgar [sic]?

I feel like neoliberal has become a pejorative for a lot of folks I like and mostly agree with on the left, and I don't really get it. Maybe we just have a different understanding of what neoliberal means? Just some dude on twitter, but this is a 500 character version of the rough neoliberal platform. What about this is so objectionable?

More Immigrants
Free Trade
Tax Carbon
Build More Housing
Stop Discrimination
Free Markets Good
Social Safety Net Also Good
Give the poor cash, not bureaucracy
Invest in basic research
Invest in green tech
Invest in early childhood programs
Stop over-regulating employment
Stop local NIMBY regulations
Reform the criminal justice system
End the drug war
Pragmatism over populism

I understand neoliberal as shorthand for privatizing public services, reducing regulations, and the general cutting of government spending or intervention

many of the items on the list are in conflict with how I understand the term

I feel like neoliberal has become a pejorative for a lot of folks I like and mostly agree with on the left, and I don't really get it.

Pragmatism over populism

Think this is probably it in a nutshell. On the left there is a pretty wide split between the strategy of trying to get back to "normal" vs complete upheaval of the system. Much of the other bullet points is based on incremental, technocratic solutions (back to normal). Neoliberalism represents the status quo ante-Trump to a lot of leftists. Those leftists maybe agree with 50-75% of the above, but disagree with how to get it done and who should lead efforts. The "pragmatism over populism" line is basically "let the market figure it out" but for govt.

Back