• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Lol Tulsi is a hard core progressive.

Didn't say she wasn't. But she is also one who appears on Fox and attacks her fellow Democrats 90% of the time. As I said, she'll be perfect on Fox for the role they'll want her to play.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder why a hard core progressive in favor of M4A has a bunch of supporters who have unfavorable views of literally every single other democratic candidate, including Bernie (-30 favorability view of Bernie even though Tulsi endorsed him in 2016). Also makes you wonder why she's supported online by a bunch of right wingers.

Makes you wonder why a hard core progressive in favor of M4A has a bunch of supporters who have unfavorable views of literally every single other democratic candidate, including Bernie (-30 favorability view of Bernie even though Tulsi endorsed him in 2016). Also makes you wonder why she's supported online by a bunch of right wingers.

Putin works in mysterious ways.

No way. A politician got a bump for offering to give stuff away?

Student debt cancellation being framed as a "giveaway" is pretty hilarious, rather than relief from the financial crippling of an entire generation

Not to mention everyone will benefit if an entire generation becomes more able to buy things for the small price of the wealthiest Americans being temporarily slightly less wealthy.

Student debt cancellation being framed as a "giveaway" is pretty hilarious, rather than relief from the financial crippling of an entire generation

Whereas I agree that college debt is crippling and something needs to be done, there's no other way to describe cancelling all student debt as anything other than a giveaway.

Whereas I agree that college debt is crippling and something needs to be done, there's no other way to describe cancelling all student debt as anything other than a giveaway.

Yep. No other way to describe it. We are compelled to call it a giveaway.

I agree with RJ, especially in this age of free college for all proposals.

Well than any government subsidies or tax breaks have to be called giveaways too.

ZOMG BURN !

Did you travel on a highway this month ? You're welcome !

Well than any government subsidies or tax breaks have to be called giveaways too.

A subsidy or tax break is not at all the same completely forgiving a debt. I have no problem with giving the same tax breaks for college loans as you get for mortgages.

If we cancel all student debt, should we also cancel all debts for people who borrowed money to start a family business? If the reason for going to college is to get a better job and future, why is that different than opening a coffee shop or cabinet maker?

Should rich kids get debt forgiveness?

Back