• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

"Meanwhile, on to the really important stuff, here's an opinion piece in Essence, from June 2019, from a lady you've never heard of that will definitely leave a mark on Biden, despite having been out there for 7 months."

"Meanwhile, on to the really important stuff, here's an opinion piece in Essence, from June 2019, from a lady you've never heard of that will definitely leave a mark on Biden, despite having been out there for 7 months."

Do you have thoughts on the substance of the editorial? Or, like ChrisL, did you also have bad experiences with busing?

lol

Do you have thoughts on the substance of the editorial? Or, like ChrisL, did you also have bad experiences with busing?

I mean, do you have an opinion on it? You just posted an old opinion piece. Did you know it was old?

My thoughts are that it was a response to Biden stupidly talking about Eastland at a fundraiser 7 months ago, and it doesn't appear to have had much if any impact. It's also way over the top in calling Biden a rancid racist and is too heavily focused on stuff that happened decades ago. It also looks like it has its priorities way out of whack, as has been typical with certain "progressives", in the age of Trump.

you still have told us why your bad experiences with busing legitimize Biden’s past siding with a segregationist against civil rights legislation. Again, plenty of liberals (and conservatives) managed to be on the right side of history on that one.

I mean, do you have an opinion on it? You just posted an old opinion piece. Did you know it was old?

My thoughts are that it was a response to Biden stupidly talking about Eastland at a fundraiser 7 months ago, and it doesn't appear to have had much if any impact. It's also way over the top in calling Biden a rancid racist and is too heavily focused on stuff that happened decades ago. It also looks like it has its priorities way out of whack, as has been typical with certain "progressives", in the age of Trump.

I didn’t know it was old (and it’s the first time I’ve been hearing about it), but it shouldn’t be shrugged off so easily.

We’re a bunch of hypocrites if it’s okay to say the quiet parts out loud as long as the speaker is one of ours.

I have been trying to ignore Joe’s campaign because I want to be able to hold my nose and vote for him in 2020, but this guy can’t stop stepping on his own dick to the point where it goes beyond “stupidly talking.” At some point, a shrub is a shrub.

Get it together, Joe. Don’t follow Hilary in fucking this shit up again for the rest of us.

I don't think so. I was on a bus two hours a day in elementary school getting bused to a school on the other side of the county where I never participated in any school activities and that my parents never participated in anything and never visited because it was in the middle of nowhere. I was luckier than my sister, who spent all of her school day in the library.

Did you live an hour away from any non-white people?

Ok. But we're also idiots if we are trying to compare Trump and Biden on the issue. There is no comparison.

There is no comparison. I’ve posted this before, but at some point trump will be gone and we’re still going to have to reckon with the ethics and morality that we’ve left behind on the way.

Nobody on this thread outside of Brad is going to vote for Trump over the Democratic nominee. But if we leave all of our principles on the side of the road in the process, then we might as well have. It’s okay to acknowledge that that quote really, really sucks and should have no place coming out of the mouth of a presidential candidate in 2020.

Shit I wish Bernie could get to 20%

CNN get's slammed for being in the tank against Bernie and suddenly their poll has him at the top ?

MAKES YOU WONDER

Back