• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

No doubt, but the matter at hand is that he is extremely popular and has a tremendous grassroots fundraising base, so the Democratic Party cant afford for him to be an independent on election day.

If he does that, Donald Trump and his white supremacist base will be his biggest supporters. The Supreme Court will lost until you reach Social Security, if they don't kill it before then.

If he does that, Donald Trump and his white supremacist base will be his biggest supporters. The Supreme Court will lost until you reach Social Security, if they don't kill it before then.
Good thing he's a Democrat.

Right. The correct way for Dems to proceed is to support M4A, hype up the benefits, while knowing there's no way in hell it's going to happen with the Pubs. Some M4A-lite Frankenstein's monster public/private hybrid could doom it long term.

Patch up ACA, work on getting more states to support Medicaid expansion. Use the bully pulpit to call out states who haven't done Medicaid expansion. Make sure Dems continue to be the party of health care and keep hammering Pubs on their obstructionism at the state level. Sow discontent with private insurance. One of the main reasons people like their private insurance are that they haven't had a major medical emergency. M4A advocates need to be out there hyping up stories of people who have gotten screwed by their providers.

Good to see Kyle agrees with me.

I didn't intend to imply a counter argument to your post. I just found it relevant to the discussion. I like the "fight tooth and nail for the real thing or get primaried" approach.

Yeah. I hope Democrats have figured out Republicans will block anything meaningful Democrats try to do on health care. So Democrats have three options.

They can seek compromise. Nope. [Insert half-measures speech from Breaking Bad here]

They can threaten Republicans to get in line with M4A or else. Not sure what cards a Dem President and House would have here. We know shutting down the government won't work.

They can shame the Republicans into getting on board or risk losing elections. I like this option. Keep fighting for it and keep making the case for it.

We're kind of seeing the seeds of this strategy on guns and there has been a pronounced shift.

Last edited:
Bernie won't run as an independent, as much as I'm sure he'd like to be able to. He cares very deeply about this country

hey, i had jury duty but i saw that starbucks dipshit is trying to get trump reelected. what else did i miss

hey, i had jury duty but i saw that starbucks dipshit is trying to get trump reelected. what else did i miss

What exactly is it about the Starbucks guy that people hate so much? Guy started a tremendously successful brand and has run it in a manor that should be a corporate model in regards to employee benefits and treatment. I mean he probably shouldn't be the president, but people seem to have a personal problem with the dude.

I dated a chick that worked there in college and she was getting healthcare benefits working like 15-20hr a week.

What exactly is it about the Starbucks guy that people hate so much?

1. His Both Sides Bullshit
2. Running as an independent increases the odds Satan gets Re-elected
3. Rich guy with no governmental experience thinks he can be a savior despite current debacle
4. Rich guy refuses to go through the primary process
5. Rich guy thinks he can buy the office
6. Rich guy just cares about protecting his personal fortune
7. Rich guy wants to stop any progress towards programs that will help the poor including Medicare 4 All and free college

What exactly is it about the Starbucks guy that people hate so much? Guy started a tremendously successful brand and has run it in a manor that should be a corporate model in regards to employee benefits and treatment. I mean he probably shouldn't be the president, but people seem to have a personal problem with the dude.

I dated a chick that worked there in college and she was getting healthcare benefits working like 15-20hr a week.

That he will take away the centrist vote the dems feel entitled to, allowing Trump to win a 2nd term because of the division. They wouldn't be bitching if he ran as a Democrat - problem is he feels the party has gone too far left and doesn't align with his beliefs anymore.

1) because he is trying to circumvent the political process because he can afford to
2) because he has expressed that one of the reasons he wants to run is to prevent his taxes being raise
3) it takes a special kind of arrogant to look at the political landscape and think, “I’m what this country needs” and people don’t like that

Pretty straightforward actually.

Why do I have a feeling the country is either about to give [name redacted] an extension, or elect a Manning to replace him.

1. His Both Sides Bullshit - no, both sides are fucked up
2. Running as an independent increases the odds Satan gets Re-elected - possibly true
3. Rich guy with no governmental experience thinks he can be a savior despite current debacle - why not, he ran his business better than Trump ran any of his and certainly better than the government
4. Rich guy refuses to go through the primary process - why would he if he doesn't believe in either of the major parties?
5. Rich guy thinks he can buy the office - you can't have both 5 & 6 on here; if he buys the office, he won't be protecting his personal fortune
6. Rich guy just cares about protecting his personal fortune - if he cared about this, he wouldn't run for the office
7. Rich guy wants to stop any progress towards programs that will help the poor including Medicare 4 All and free college - is that why he implemented free college for employees at SBUX and made sure all had access to benefits? This guy grew up poor and abused. There is nothing in his history or actions that would support your statement.

5 & 6 can certainly both be true if he spends less on getting elected president than he would lose through some of the proposed increases in marginal tax rates or Warren's wealth tax.

Back