• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Well Obama, but for some reason I don’t think it was because of his economic policies

giphy.gif

Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders have nearly identical voting records, but there is an obvious gap between them as it pertains to persona, ideology, and reputation. The Michael Bloombergs and Howard Schultzes don't talk about Kamala Harris the same way they do Bernie. Her tax reform announcements dont get shredded by the Economist and Alan Greenspan. No one on the right is fighting Kamala Harris, so no one on the left believes she is a radical. Shes just kinda floating along with these big crazy policy ideas and not taking any ownership of them.

I do think it's a little funny that a bunch of democratic contenders have endorsed M4A the policy, which it's not clear they understand, invites tough questions, and is unpopular with the public; instead of medicare for all the slogan, which is great politics, incredibly popular, and vague enough to leave them tons of wiggle room later. Just seems like the better play.

But that will be a harder and harder sell without some big snafu. Get Bernie in either being totally ineffective getting anything passed or worse being effective with the economic turmoil it will cause, and it will really do so.

Agreed it's a way easier sell with Bernie. But regardless of who the nominee is, Fox, RT and 1A will portray him/her as left of the Kenyan.

Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders have nearly identical voting records, but there is an obvious gap between them as it pertains to persona, ideology, and reputation. The Michael Bloombergs and Howard Schultzes don't talk about Kamala Harris the same way they do Bernie. Her tax reform announcements dont get shredded by the Economist and Alan Greenspan. No one on the right is fighting Kamala Harris, so no one on the left believes she is a radical. Shes just kinda floating along with these big crazy policy ideas and not taking any ownership of them.

I mean, there is a pretty logical reason for that (assuming it is true). Why don't you wait to see what happens if Harris is a frontunner in a year or so.

Hope he's good at apologizing. That's essential in today's Democrat Party

So weird that Republicans, particularly Tumpers, think apologies are a sign of weakness and that no one should ever apologize for anything. Is that what they teach their children? Is that the Christian way to behave?

Look, we elected a self-serving lying ignoramus to be our freaking president.

Maybe the folks on the right should try and get accustomed to apologizing.

Last edited:
Hope he's good at apologizing. That's essential in today's Democrat Party

When did the right determine apologizing was weak? If you do something wrong, you fess up to it and work to make it right. To lie about what you did is incredibly weak. To lie is the cult leader's modus operandi.

"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers."
Proverbs 6: 16-19

Cory Booker opens a left flank on criminal justice issues

Serious question, M&M Bros: if there was a Harris/Booker ticket (in that order), is that progressive enough across all spectrums of modern politics for you? Your biggest hangup with Harris seems to be her criminal justice record, and Booker's record in that regard appears to be around as progressive as Elizabeth Warren is on economic issues. Or is the idea of Booker on the ticket in any capacity too much for you to stomach?

When did the right determine apologizing was weak? If you do something wrong, you fess up to it and work to make it right. To lie about what you did is incredibly weak. To lie is the cult leader's modus operandi.

"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers."
Proverbs 6: 16-19

They're just mad that they ran around fucking everything up for 8 years under GWB and then Obama went around the world having to say, "I'm really sorry about my friend, he's drunk and an idiot, I promise I will try to fix this"

I mean, there is a pretty logical reason for that (assuming it is true). Why don't you wait to see what happens if Harris is a frontunner in a year or so.

Seriously. Nobody cared about Bernie until he challenged Hillary. Harris will get plenty of hate if she becomes a frontrunner. She’ll get it worse than Bernie.

If only GWB or Trump could claim drunkenness as an excuse.

No, GWB was well-intentioned but not too bright. Trump is just an ignorant, selfish asshole.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but, if true, Northam's donezo. He should resign:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but, if true, Northam's donezo. He should resign:

Probably belongs in the Dem Debacle thread (but who actually cares).

This is disgusting. He can spare us the youthful mistake excuse, the different times excuse, the no excuse excuse, etc. Just resign and go away. Give the job to Fairfax and let's move forward.

Difference in persona? So....electability

Back