• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

What difference does it make what the subject matter is, my point is the technology is incredibly straightforward and it shouldn’t take a President this long to prepare a response.

Hell, I’d get fired if I didn’t show my face for a week with no excuse except “the lighting in my house is no good, I’ll join meetings soon though”

Yeah! My dwarf is a little taller and somewhat less horrifying to look at that the other guy's dwarf! HOORAY!

I wonder how much of Bernie's calculation to stick around has to do with a potential health crisis for Joe

The guy who recently had a heart attack rooting for the other guy to have a health crisis?

Ph: posting here instead of mafia :: Biden: posting an emoji on a Dnice livestream instead of addressing the nation

Hey Ph. Check the mafia thread.

I'm catching up. Kids were doing fine this morning and my wife let me sleep in.

Ph: posting here instead of mafia :: Biden: posting an emoji on a Dnice livestream instead of addressing the nation

Why does Bernie hate D-Nice? I had serious FOMO during that. Like all my friends were on that IG Live and I'm not even on IG. My hometown DJ was doing a Facebook Live thing and got kicked off.

Bernie showed too

Or more accurately the people running their accounts showed

^ Great message from Joe. Need him to get out front and be the mouth piece for the progressive response to this crisis.

Good message. Biden needs to tread somewhat lightly during this time. Plenty of people are spending all day criticizing the president and everything he does.

^ Great message from Joe. Need him to get out front and be the mouth piece for the progressive response to this crisis.

One of the reasons this is so impactful is that he's not doing it every day. Doing it once or twice a week will bring more coverage. It will also allow Trump to make his mistakes in a more prominent way.

Last edited:
Good message. Biden needs to tread somewhat lightly during this time. Plenty of people are spending all day criticizing the president and everything he does.

He needs to be selective. With how quickly things are moving, a brief daily press conference wouldn't be out of order. Let Pelosi and Dem members of Congress be on the front lines doing their job.

The Where is Joe stuff is overblown. There's a good chance his team had scheduled some down time after the March 17 primaries given the significant break in primary action anyway.

Why do we need to bail out big corporations when they can just take loans out for next to zero percent interest and pay them back when their cash flow returns?

What specifically is being proposed to help families, small business's, and communities? I agree they need the help, but what are Biden's actually thoughts on how to do this?

Why do we need to bail out big corporations when they can just take loans out for next to zero percent interest and pay them back when their cash flow returns?

The answer I assume you'll get is that there isn't enough private capital out there right now to support all the loans that need to made

The real answer is shades of that, but also they hope that the federal government will give them more preferable terms. Basically they think the American people are much bigger suckers than large lending institutions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...a-political-fight-with-trump-over-coronavirus

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday that he does not want to be in a political fight with President Trump over the coronavirus outbreak but that he would continue to call the president out on misinformation regarding the virus.

"I have not been criticizing the president, but I've been pointing out where there is disagreement on how to proceed," Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, said on ABC's "The View."

"The coronavirus is not his fault, but the lack of speed with which to respond to it has to move much faster," he continued. "This is not about Democrat or Republican. This is not about what your party is. It's about getting through this."

"The American people don't want us in a political fight, and I want no part of a political fight either, but when the president says things that turn out not to be accurate, we should not say 'you're lying,' we should say 'Mr. President that's not the facts, here's the deal.' "

Biden also criticized Trump's response to the crisis in a briefing streamed online Monday by his campaign, calling the White House response a “failure of planning and preparation."

“My point is not simply that the president was wrong,” Biden said. “My point is that the mindset that was slow to recognize the problem in the first place, to treat it with a seriousness it deserved, is still too much a part of how the president is addressing the problem.”

The Trump campaign hit back at Biden, saying the former vice president should “answer for his own failed record on public health.” The campaign also accused Biden of mishandling the swine flu pandemic from 2009, saying that at the time the administration failed to stockpile respirators.

Trump is gonna wipe the floor with this dude in November. We're fucked.

Like clockwork, Strick goes from "Where is Joe?" to "There is Joe! Fuck that guy!"

Like clockwork, Strick goes from "Where is Joe?" to "There is Joe! Fuck that guy!"

I'm glad that statement fills you with confidence, Ph. I'm getting visions of 2016. Letting Trump cook himself without overtly criticizing him is a very 2016 strategy.

Back