• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

I don't think that Michelle Obama would want to give up the life of luxury she is living now to get back in the political slop. And, anyway, what has she ever done to qualify her for the presidency? Hillary Clinton has already played that role....but she was at least a U.S.Senator and SOS before running for the presidency. (And it didn't work out very well, either.)

I think we’ve plenty of evidence that “qualifications” are of limited importance.

you can't compare what drives a Republican voter to what drives a Democrat voter

there aren't many swing voters deciding between Biden and Trump

the swing voters are deciding whether or not to vote at all

Is that a serious question? Did you not read my previous post? Elizabeth Warren. (Though she SHOULD be at the top of the ticket. Joe Biden has no chance to defeat Trump. He probably should be in assisted living.)

This VP pick is going to be in the same situation that Harry Truman was in in 1944.

My mistake. I just skimmed the question and thought you said that both Abrams and Warren were not remotely qualified, instead of remotely comparable. So Warren it is.

too young, and i'd love for her to be speaker but katie porter kicks ass and should be making moves in the party for years to come

my girl rashida would never be picked, way too radical for biden, but michigan would be nice to seal up

genuinely think he's going to make the dumbest possible pick, like claire mccaskill or something

There are plenty of suburban swing voters who voted for Trump then voted for Dems in 18. They need to be kept voting Dem.

Katie Porter would be a much better VP pick than Warren, but still not the right one.

If I were handicapping now here would be a short list:

Harris
Castro
Booker
Abrams
Duckworth (long shot)

Harris is the obvious pick
Warren is the best pick
Abrams sold out to Bloomberg so she gets nothing

There are plenty of suburban swing voters who voted for Trump then voted for Dems in 18. They need to be kept voting Dem.

Katie Porter would be a much better VP pick than Warren, but still not the right one.

If I were handicapping now here would be a short list:

Harris
Castro
Booker
Abrams
Duckworth (long shot)

Why do you still have Castro & Booker on your list? Biden has already committed himself to picking a woman. He's your guy, how could you not know that?

too young, and i'd love for her to be speaker but katie porter kicks ass and should be making moves in the party for years to come

my girl rashida would never be picked, way too radical for biden, but michigan would be nice to seal up

genuinely think he's going to make the dumbest possible pick, like claire mccaskill or something

I expect MY GIRL Katie Porter to slide into the Senate behind VP Kamala or Feinstein.

Is Rashida that popular throughout Michigan?

I expect MY GIRL Katie Porter to slide into the Senate behind VP Kamala or Feinstein.

Is Rashida that popular throughout Michigan?

Hard to say. I even have conservative Trump voting relatives in rural areas around Grand Rapids and way up north that like her.

anecdotes and all, but Warren was the pick for most of the young, black, female folks among my friends, acquaintances, and social media follows -- most in this group were Bernie people in 2016

definitely a very leftist crowd and she was not popular among my older black friends, etc.

Warren is not a good pick. She's old and white. It would hurt turnout.

I meant that Warren would be a great VP, not that she should be selected.

Probably should have said "correct pick" for Harris. She fits the political calculus best.

Hard to say. I even have conservative Trump voting relatives in rural areas around Grand Rapids and way up north that like her.

Good to know.

Bernie dropping out per Shaun King

That would be a good thing to do and should give Bernie more input into the platform, etc.

good effort, bern man

sparked the political imagination of millions, especially young folks

Back