• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Jersey Mike’s Jamaica Classic

Is this one of those dumb tourneys where the first round game is a home game against some #300KP level team and the team that is going to Jamaica goes no matter who wins?

If so, and if Manning is still coach, I hope we lose that first round game.

You are mistaken. There are two of those meaningless home games against #300KP level teams, and then you go to Jamaica and play two pre-determined games.

One thing is for sure, don't take Jamil Jones to Jamaica, I'm pretty sure that down there out in the street they call it murder.

The optimist in me says we’re getting an easy tourney to ease the new coach in. The realist says this is the best we can do with our name these days.

I was talking with the head of the Maui Invitational at the tourney a few months ago and asked him why Wake wasn’t there - he said he had just told our AD ‘Maui is a reward, and right now your program doesn’t deserve it.’

I was talking with the head of the Maui Invitational at the tourney a few months ago and asked him why Wake wasn’t there - he said he had just told our AD ‘Maui is a reward, and right now your program doesn’t deserve it.’

We played in it during the Manning era, surely we signed on under Buzz. How did we “deserve” it then?

We played in it during the Manning era, surely we signed on under Buzz. How did we “deserve” it then?

I think the consensus was Odom graciously invited us even though we didn’t deserve it. Is he still the head guy at the tournament?

I think the consensus was Odom graciously invited us even though we didn’t deserve it. Is he still the head guy at the tournament?

We may not have deserved it but didn't we beat somebody like Indiana at that tournament?

I don't know if Dave is still involved but heard him talk about opening a speech at the banquet in 2018 by acknowledging that he was connected to the 2 biggest upsets in college basketball history. Very funny.

UNCG filled the 4th spot. Maybe another Forbes/Miller battle if the season goes on as scheduled.

That's a GD mic drop there.

On topic- Just received a promotional email from Jimmy John’s to save $5 on a $20 order with the promo code 5OFF20.

You’re welcome.

If this event is anything like last year it isn’t a tournament, everyone just gets two pre-set games and the marquee team will get the other two top teams there. Last year LSU was the only power conference team and they played Utah state and Rhode Island.

As far as events like these early season tournaments go, this seems to be one of the worst ones that a power conference participates in (from a basketball perspective at least)

UNCG filled the 4th spot. Maybe another Forbes/Miller battle if the season goes on as scheduled.

my brother's friend works for the company that puts on the tournament

told my brother that Miller called to get the last tourney spot the day Forbes got hired because he wanted to beat Wake

Interesting.

Should be one of the pre-Jamaica games we play. I’d guess that Wake Missouri state and UMass are three of the “top four” names. Hell maybe UNCG is the other “top” name. Last year the bottom four were Nichols, NCA&T, eastern Michigan and UMBC. North Texas qualified as a “top” four team

my brother's friend works for the company that puts on the tournament

told my brother that Miller called to get the last tourney spot the day Forbes got hired because he wanted to beat Wake

Hell, he should have beat Wake last time.

Back