• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

I haven't watched baseball regularly in about 15 years. Honestly, I think the tension of watching the Braves for 162 games only to choke in the 163rd, 164th, and 165th just did me in.

I don't have any nails left after those last few innings. Watching the Rays this offseason has been fun but unnerving.

My ex is the lead flight attendant for the Rays. We keep in touch a little bit (but haven't for several months now) - I'm sure she's going crazy. One of the Rays' flight attendants (another friend of mine through my ex) died in a tragic accident last year at Thanksgiving. As much as I don't like the Rays (I'm a diehard Yankees fan), I wouldn't mind the Rays winning it for them.

Eight straight half innings had a score, the last four resulted in a tie or a lead change.

I'm not a baseball guru, but Snell is cheering for the Dodgers at this point, right?

I'm not a baseball guru, but Snell is cheering for the Dodgers at this point, right?

I had to put my kids to bed. Snell was mowing them down. Then all of a sudden Anderson allowed two runs.

The decision to remove Snell may cost TB the game and series.

Unbelievable decision. Fucking nerds, man.

Taking out Snell after he let on one runner seems unsmart. Dude was cooking and is a fucking cy young winner

Unbelievable decision. Fucking nerds, man.

Sounds like the numbers didn't even support that move. Cash choked - plain and simple. Anderson was awesome during the season but has really struggled the last couple of series. I was 100% sure he was going to blow it, as soon as Cash came out of the dugout to pull Snell.

And it is going to be fitting when Adames ends the WS by striking out on a ball that bounces across the plate.

Even worse - goes down looking. Man- he was just terrible at the plate this play-offs.

You don’t see back to back strike threes looking very often. Even more surprising to lose a deciding game in that way.

Sounds like the numbers didn't even support that move. Cash choked - plain and simple. Anderson was awesome during the season but has really struggled the last couple of series. I was 100% sure he was going to blow it, as soon as Cash came out of the dugout to pull Snell.

Clearly it's the "o" in Nick Anderson that voids any possible clutch gene.

Justin Turner received a positive test in the middle of the game & was removed.

Manfred was booed the whole time he was speaking. I love it.

Justin Turner got pulled because of a positive COVID test. Props to MLB for pulling all this off. Yanking a guy right before he's about to win a championship is pretty hardcore.

Back