• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

The new Biden ad is great and will run tonight during the RNC.

Yeah, if anyone has doubts that racism is alive and well, imagine Obama having children with three different women.

Trump is the "black president" Republicans were afraid of. Bunch of kids with different baby mommas. Hires his posse and uses his power to help them get rich. Acts like a buffoon but people like him because of his race. Incites violences and encourages people to break the law.

Yep

Republicans would be absolutely apoplectic if Obama acted remotely like Trump.

I mean, their “leaders” pretended to be over made up offenses anyhow. Just try and imagine Obama doing the absurd and shady shit Trump does continuously.

I'll take your word for it that the ad gets better, but I turned it off after the stupid running vs. ramp thing

so fucking dumb

Biden just did a pretty good interview with Andrea Mitchell.

Should be available online soon...?

Yep

Republicans would be absolutely apoplectic if Obama acted remotely like Trump.

I mean, their “leaders” pretended to be over made up offenses anyhow. Just try and imagine Obama doing the absurd and shady shit Trump does continuously.

Well if you ask them, Obama and every democrat does do all that shady stuff, but for some reason, no one with any credibility can root it in fact. Of course, you probably don't even believe in the deep state; so you wouldn't understand.

Update for August here, forgot to do it a few days back

August Numbers:

Dems are now -130 to win the Election on Bovada (up from -180 last month)
GOP are Even to win (up from +135 last month)
Donald specific odds to win are +105 (up from +135 last month)
Biden specific odds to win are -125 (down from -150)
Democrats -180 to take Senate (up from -180 last month)
Dems -500 to win the popular vote (implied odds of 83.3% and down from -800 last month)

State Specific Odds for Donald:

Arizona +105 (+140 last month)
Florida Even (+125 last month)
Michigan +210 (+245)
Nevada +325 (+400)
NH +235 (+275)
NC -115 (+115)
Pennsylvania +165 (+185)
Virginia +500 (+600)

The GOP and Donald's prospects improved across the board from last month but only made slight advances in 5 states compared to June. Basically the GOP odds wise is sitting where they were in June per Vegas.

That means there's still plenty of good value Brad, but you may have missed the best value to get down your GOP bets!

Well if you ask them, Obama and every democrat does do all that shady stuff, but for some reason, no one with any credibility can root it in fact. Of course, you probably don't even believe in the deep state; so you wouldn't understand.

Almost every Republican is convinced that Democrats do the exact same things they do (including racism and bigotry), and even far worse (like running child pedophile rings), but that it never sees the light of day because the Deep State and fake news media either covers it up or just refuses to report on it. A big part of current GOP mythology is that the Democrats are just as bad as they are, but infuriatingly refuse to admit it and instead pretend that they're better than Republicans, which drives them crazy. It's the genesis of a lot of the bosiding and whatabout arguments they use all the time. Never mind that there were relatively few scandals in Obama's presidency, and Trump has set new records for graft, con jobs, corruption, reinstating the spoils system, incompetence, etc.

Last edited:
The Obama administration was so clean that we could go days without any major news coming out of the White House. Unfortunately that allowed House Republicans then Senate Republicans and always right wing media to fill the gap with their lies and shenanigans.

The country has fallen apart since Trump took over. Any sense of normal may be done. Yet Trump still has a good chance of winning not just because of shameless cheating but people who see everything that has happened under Trump and think he’s the one to fix it.

Last edited:
The Obama administration was so clean that we could go days without any major news coming out of the White House. Unfortunately that allowed House Republicans then Senate Republicans and always right wing media to fill the gap with their lies and shenanigans.

The country has fallen apart since Trump took over. Any sense of normal may be done. Yet Trump still has a good chance of winning not just because of shameless cheating but people who see everything that has happened under Trump and think he’s the one to fix it.

Three days ago the NY Times ran yet another article on "misunderstood" Trump voters. I won't link it as it has nothing in it that hasn't all been printed many times before, but I was amused when the reporter stated early in the article that "Portrayals of his base, these [Trump] supporters say, are often distilled into a caricature: that they are all white bigots, in thrall to an authoritarian leader and lost in a fog of fact-denial...While polling and interviews turn up ample evidence of these traits, tens of millions of Americans will vote for Mr. Trump, and there are plenty of supporters who transcend the stereotypes, whose personal experiences or policy interests make him the right fit for them."

Yet if you read the article, nearly everyone he interviews fits into the same pattern of 10,000 other articles printed since the 2016 election interviewing Trump supporters: "They believed [Trump] had succeeded on issues like hardening the Southern border, appointing conservative judges, taking on China and putting “America first.” Many said the president’s grievances were their grievances, too. They believed kneeling during the national anthem was un-American, and they were appalled at what they viewed as liberals’ minimizing of violence that at times grew out of the protests over the killing of George Floyd."

Here's a sample of the interview responses: Obama "made race relations the worst I've seen in my 50 years." Another turned against the Democrats because he "became consumed with Hillary Clinton’s private email server, which had held some classified information.“That’s like a huge no-no, what she did,” he said, noting that he believes he would have been fired for a similar offense. Offended by what he said were Mrs. Clinton’s attempts to minimize the issue, he voted for Mr. Trump." "Ms. Taylor believes the president’s enemies, including Democrats who she says behave like “spoiled little kids,” have tried to undermine him from Day 1. Among the developments she said were being manipulated to damage the president are the coronavirus outbreak and the protests after the death of [George] Floyd...“We’ve had more cops gun down white people than Black people,” she said. “Do we throw a fit if a white guy gets killed by the cops? No...I’m not racist,” she said. “I’m not. I have all kinds of friends. There’s good cops and there’s bad cops, I see that. We just need to weed them out."

Oh yeah, none of these people fit the stereotype of Trumpites noted at the start of the article. Right.

Gold star dads speaking publicly haven't moved the needle before. Let's face it - 40-43% of our population is a lost cause.

Back