• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Yeah, sweating bullets about a case already decided by Texas courts (hint all members of the Texas SC are GOP) against the plaintiff, just bc it is now being desperation heaved into the Federal courts.

Do you remember how Bush v Gore reached the Supreme Court in 2000?

All it’s gonna take is some dipshit lower court ruling and all the McConnell packed federal judiciary to take one or multiple of these insane cases to SCOTUS to steal this. It’s their out loud playbook now.

Trump is a piece of shit.

I'm sure Chief Justice Roberts really appreciates Trump saying that. No doubt he'll be perfectly happy to side with the GOP if it comes to that, but Trump saying the quiet parts out loud is going to make it a much more difficult task, and only fuels the drive to expand the Court.

I'm sure Chief Justice Roberts really appreciates Trump saying that. No doubt he'll be perfectly happy to side with the GOP if it comes to that, but Trump saying the quiet parts out loud is going to make it a much more difficult task, and only fuels the drive to expand the Court.

Roberts’ vote doesn’t matter anymore. And if the Supreme Court entrenches Republican rule, it doesn’t matter if Democrats want to expand the Court.

DeacMan, of course I’m anxious. We all should be.

Apparently everyone’s misreading that. Trump has been trashing the Supreme Court in his recent COVID superpreader events. That’s a rift on, we are going to win, but we won’t know who won on election night because the Supreme Court is allowing states to count all votes and that’s not fair!

Roberts’ vote doesn’t matter anymore. And if the Supreme Court entrenches Republican rule, it doesn’t matter if Democrats want to expand the Court.

DeacMan, of course I’m anxious. We all should be.

All I'm saying is that if the Court is too blatant about this it will destroy the Court's legitimacy, at least for a generation if not more. I have no doubt that Roberts would go along with stealing the election, but if it's too blatant - and Trump in that quote seemed to be all but bragging about it - it could get ugly (as in widespread violence and massive protests, as we witnessed in South Korea several years ago, and that toppled the government there.) No doubt Roberts would prefer all this happen without Trump running his mouth and giving the game away If the election is close enough for Republicans to challenge it in the courts, we may be about to see just how far the Republicans will go to blatantly and brazenly keep Trump in power, and how far Democrats are willing to go to stop that from happening

The election isn't going to be close. Relax and take a deep breath

Thank God Trump is such a dumbass. I think every day how much worse things would be if he had any semblance of strategy or guile

Thank God Trump is such a dumbass. I think every day how much worse things would be if he had any semblance of strategy or guile

I'll say this. If by some miracle Trump does win the Dems have a shit ton of soul searching to do.

If he were to, say, win all the toss ups and then capture PA because Western PA comes out in mass it will be because Joe Biden can't fucking recognize that the number one thing you NEVER do in an election is threaten people's livelihood - and that's especially in the middle of a pandemic.

They will have lost because Trump managed to paint them as too far to the left. Does anyone here think Andrew Yang, Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders win against Trump in this cycle, despite all the fucking shitastic factors against him? If you do, you absolutely are out to lunch. Bc if Trump does manage to win it will be because he managed to paint a centrist as a "radical" and because Biden gave him just enough oxygen to eek it out.

You don’t think the judiciary and state level fuckery the Republicans are trying to pull would be to blame at all if Trump “wins”? It will solely be the fault of the Dems?

I have yet to see any votes not be counted. I've seen two cases deferred because of procedural questions, it's what appeals courts primarily do. They answer issues of process. I've seen the GOP defeated in all the other cases to date. So could fuckery come into play, I guess. But so far, no.

And, again, when asked about fracking the answer should not have been along the lines of -

"I will transition away from it because oil companies polute."

The answer is -

"As we all know the green based energy economy over the next 30-40 years is something we will be transitioning towards. So while I will continue to support fracking at present because it is necessary and needed and employs a lot of people in a pandemic I do intend to lay the groundwork to transition towards other sources of energy so we can maintain our economic health and fight global warming. But I am going to do that in a way that does not threaten existing infrastructure but that also helps build up the new infrastructure we are going to need."

So simple. And yet, for some reason, so hard. Biden, you can't win any more electoral votes in California. Do not give Trump oxygen.

Last edited:
DeacMan already blaming the Dems for a loss that hasn’t happened.

I guess I just don't think there are very many truly undecided people out there. I have a hard time believing there is just about anyone who was seriously considering Biden who will now flip to Trump because of the fracking comment.

Perfectly said and all my Pub friends say same thing. If Dump ran on the issues he would have kicked Biden's ass.

The only state this may influence is PA but the most recent A+ graded poll shows no sign of eroding Biden's lead. Additionally, he is in the lead in AZ and NC and has wildcards in FL and OH. Trump would have to shock in PA and the defend all 4 of those states.

Back