• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Today's Quinnipiac poll has Biden up 50-39. (1,323 registered voters, +/- 2.7%)
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3661

Trump is only 50%+ with two gender/race/education demographic groups: White men and white people without a college degree.

Biden is at 50% or 51% in all age groups and 52% with white women.

Some demographics:
99425966_10212538960188435_6183543954550554624_n.jpg

Last edited:
Biden really needs to step it up with the Hispanic vote. How in the wild world of sports can he only have a 45-38 advantage when Trump has done everything possible to demonize them? If Biden can get it together, I really think Texas can be in play.

Biden really needs to step it up with the Hispanic vote. How in the wild world of sports can he only have a 45-38 advantage when Trump has done everything possible to demonize them? If Biden can get it together, I really think Texas can be in play.

Some support the "we got here legally, so everyone else should have to go through the same channels" concept.

Cool. As if trumps rhetoric has been limited to denigrating only undocumented immigrants.

Yeah, but those are just "bad hombres," not hard working Latinos like them.

It's nice to see that Biden is supposedly ahead by that much (it's still a long way to November, and I won't believe that Trump is going to lose until or unless I see it in November) but I'm genuinely surprised by how close the Latino vote is in that poll. They've traditionally supported Democrats by wide margins in every presidential election, including 2016. Hillary beat Trump by about 65% to 30% among Latinos, and that's actually on the lower end of the Latino vote for Democrats in presidential elections (they usually win over 70%). If Biden is going carry Arizona and Nevada, or be competitive in Texas, he needs to do much better with Latinos than what the poll shows.

It was probably the “President Tweety” nickname that surged Biden ahead

If you had to guess which campaign website this was from:

“Firmly reject the BDS movement, which singles out Israel — home to millions of Jews — and too often veers into anti-Semitism, while letting Palestinians off the hook for their choices.”

Gut response

It's nice to see that Biden is supposedly ahead by that much (it's still a long way to November, and I won't believe that Trump is going to lose until or unless I see it in November) but I'm genuinely surprised by how close the Latino vote is in that poll. They've traditionally supported Democrats by wide margins in every presidential election, including 2016. Hillary beat Trump by about 65% to 30% among Latinos, and that's actually on the lower end of the Latino vote for Democrats in presidential elections (they usually win over 70%). If Biden is going carry Arizona and Nevada, or be competitive in Texas, he needs to do much better with Latinos than what the poll shows.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...-vote-but-falls-below-2012-support-for-obama/

It's a good sign overall that Biden is polling at 50% with considerable room to grow among 18-34 and Latino voters.

i'm kinda wondering if Biden's best move is to literally doing nothing until November and just let Trump hang himself and make it 100% a referendum on the last four years. I fear Joe opening his mouth is probably only downside at this point.

When do we think he'll announce a Veep?

i'm kinda wondering if Biden's best move is to literally doing nothing until November and just let Trump hang himself and make it 100% a referendum on the last four years. I fear Joe opening his mouth is probably only downside at this point.

When do we think he'll announce a Veep?

He shouldn't do nothing until November, but right now it makes sense to not try to battle with the media focus on COVID-19. The Biden campaign is flying low and getting organized under the radar. From what I've heard, he's doing several Zoom meetings a day with different local media and constituencies.

I imagine a VP decision will be before the end of June. No sense doing it now. Hard to see what the media coverage will be.

He’s earned a lot of media by doing nothing. He might as well continue at this point.

If the millennial left doesn't make peace with Biden, the vast majority of their adult life will be lived in a nightmare of a radically RW federal courts and Supreme Court. There's no way around these facts.

Agreed RJ. It’s pretty ridiculous to even frame Biden as the lesser of two evils, because he’s not evil. I’m not a fan of the new left or whatever you want to call it. I’m especially not a fan of seeing the GOP destroy all progress in a state like N.C. because Bernie was the nominee.

Back