• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

This whole thread is great - but this tweet stood out as a good summary of what the political landscape is becoming:

^ good stuff - i'd love to come back in a 100 years. the numbers are simply working against the OG republican platforms and it's only a matter of time...

Jesus, leave it alone with the Oystercatchers, man.

I will retract Great Blue Heron and replace it with Osprey as greatest birds.

I enjoy the bird arguments birdman has brought to the board. Like you, I like herons and occasionally see them and egrets on our muni. Don't see many osprey around Cville, but I do appreciate raptors and enjoy it when our red shouldered hawks catch squirrels.

Just voted. Was 1 of 3 voters at my precinct. Drove by it on Friday and there was a line around the block. So everyone I know voted early. Really no one from either team electioneering, though there was 1 Trump pick-up proudly driving through downtown. I'm used to seeing folks to chat with outside the polling place, but there was none of that today.

With a small Thanksgiving gathering this year I'm pushing for roast duck instead. Vastly superior.

Good call. I like duck breast and anything cooked in duck fat. Best thing I ever had at a restaurant was a duck confitte over risotto in N'awleans.

Never been that big on duck breasts for whatever reason. I do like pâté but I haven’t had it in many years. And anything fried in duck fat is amazing.

duck breasts are super easy to cook but they often disappoint. key is getting that skin super crisp without overcooking the meat, and I'd say I do a pretty good job of it. but here I'm talking about roasting the whole thing. Or doing a duo with duck breasts and confit legs.

I'm growing more confident this is a Biden landslide.

FL - 68% of all GOP registered voters have voted. 67% of all Dems. 52% of all Indies. And, on a relative basis, a more significant percentage of GOP registered voters in Miami-Dade have already voted than have the % of Dems. Bottom line - unless Indies broke hard to Trump, Biden should be in front in FL right now. And I'm not sure there are enough votes out there for Trump to catch him.

NC - Similar to FL.

MI - I'm admittedly cherry picking data, but over 2.8M people have voted. Well over 1M people over the age of 65 have voted. And they were expected to go big to Biden. I'm estimating more than 50% of the vote is already in the bag. And the old and young turnout looks solid, both groups for Biden. Again, are there enough votes left from his base to take the state? I tend to think its a tough climb.

The theme over and over for me is to see how these big early vote numbers have broken. If Biden is ahead I'm skeptical in many of these states if Trump has enough remaining voters to catch up.

And then look at this map - the most heavy pre-vote counties in FL are ones that went to Trump in 2016. Collier, Sumter, St. John's and Martin. Meanwhile Broward and Miami-Dade have more modest turnouts and more Dem focused. https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/FL.html

And check this out in NC. 28% of the early vote did not vote in the 2016 election - over 1M voters.

I sincerely appreciate the attempt to make me feel better.

Usually I'd say fried and injected is #1, smoked (without drying it out) is #2. But we did a Kelly Bronze Turkey for the first time last year and it was pretty damn amazing, albeit expensive. Without family and friends coming in town this year we have to downsize though... I may take another shot at a Turketta.

Jesus, leave it alone with the Oystercatchers, man.

I will retract Great Blue Heron and replace it with Osprey as greatest birds.

Great Blue Heron's aren't even the best Heron, let alone the best bird. Check out these:

African Black Heron:
https://vimeo.com/303166907

Boat-Billed Heron:

Green Heron using bread as bait to catch fish:

Back