• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Well people had a few hours to laugh at KenPom.

Houstons injuries scared me. But they are legit. They might have been best team in tourney if fully healthy

You miss the point

I thought your point was that the refs were helping to eliminate Gonzaga to make it easier for Duke to get to the FF. So my response was to say that Duke might prefer to play Gonzaga to Arkansas.

Houstons injuries scared me. But they are legit. They might have been best team in tourney if fully healthy

They just whipped the shit out of the best team in the tourney (non high school conference division). If they are even better than this that's scary...

the gonzaga hate is misplaced imo. i read they have the most ncaa tourney wins of any program the last 5 years and the longest sweet 16 run (7 years). they were in the title game twice in the previous five tourneys.

the gonzaga hate is misplaced imo. i read they have the most ncaa tourney wins of any program the last 5 years and the longest sweet 16 run (7 years). they were in the title game twice in the previous five tourneys.

Yeah, they deserve a good pat on the back.

Agreed. it is so hard to win in the the tourney, no matter how good you are, much less win it all. And Gonzaga has been model of consistency in the tourney.

The two biggest Gonzaga issues are that no matter how good their OOC games are, they inevitably play trash games for the three months leading up to tourney. They need to find a way to play a couple of bruising teams towards the end of their season. But most importantly they hold a significant disadvantage in recruiting. All of their success has helped bridge that gap, but the most elite players don't want to play at Gonzaga. And even if they do, they are forced to play within a system that often doesnt highlight them.

I thought your point was that the refs were helping to eliminate Gonzaga to make it easier for Duke to get to the FF. So my response was to say that Duke might prefer to play Gonzaga to Arkansas.

My point was I look for every opportunity to hate Duke or put my tin foil Duke conspiracy hat on.

Stylistically you might be right on Gonzaga vs Arkansas, but I think Gonzaga is the better team. It is hard to point at Few given all he has done with the program, but he got out coached yesterday. Chet's foul trouble (and the calls on him) sure didnt help. But Few should have run all of his offense through Timme or Chet all game given that Arkansas essentially plays 4 guards.

Agreed. it is so hard to win in the the tourney, no matter how good you are, much less win it all. And Gonzaga has been model of consistency in the tourney.

The two biggest Gonzaga issues are that no matter how good their OOC games are, they inevitably play trash games for the three months leading up to tourney. They need to find a way to play a couple of bruising teams towards the end of their season. But most importantly they hold a significant disadvantage in recruiting. All of their success has helped bridge that gap, but the most elite players don't want to play at Gonzaga. And even if they do, they are forced to play within a system that often doesnt highlight them.

Last year Gonzaga signed the #1, 21, 33, and 57 recruits in the country. The previous year they signed the #11, 72, 74, and 76 recruits.

Participation 🏆

It’s amazing how easily people forget about Zion.

That's what happens when you fall of the face of the earth. Zion is/was dynamic, but has he done anything worth remembering at this point?

If there is a god, someone in Zion's camp will come clean about how money steered him to Duke.

The sports reporting world lacks the balls to go after Duke and K. Sickening what Duke gets away with.

Also, hate to say it, but Duke's players (not the Weekend At Bernie's Character on the Bench) have started to figure it out. They shredded the best defense in the country in the last 10 minutes of that game. Duke did not miss a FG attempt last night after the 8:30 mark of the 2nd half. They have by far the most talent in the tournament, but Duke had played like garbage for most of the season because K has been on auto-pilot for years, and the rest of the staff are just weak "yes men" who couldn't build a program on their own like every other branch of the pathetic Duke coaching tree.

Now, because the talent on hand has gelled, Duke gets to play the 4th best team in the SEC to go to the Final 4. Sucks, but it's now looking like this tournament is going to end badly. Even a corpse, if it has five 1st round draft picks on the roster, can win a Natty.

That's what happens when you fall of the face of the earth. Zion is/was dynamic, but has he done anything worth remembering at this point?

If there is a god, someone in Zion's camp will come clean about how money steered him to Duke.

The sports reporting world lacks the balls to go after Duke and K. Sickening what Duke gets away with.

Also, hate to say it, but Duke's players (not the Weekend At Bernie's Character on the Bench) have started to figure it out. They shredded the best defense in the country in the last 10 minutes of that game. Duke did not miss a FG attempt last night after the 8:30 mark of the 2nd half. They have by far the most talent in the tournament, but Duke had played like garbage for most of the season because K has been on auto-pilot for years, and the rest of the staff are just weak "yes men" who couldn't build a program on their own like every other branch of the pathetic Duke coaching tree.

Now, because the talent on hand has gelled, Duke gets to play the 4th best team in the SEC to go to the Final 4. Sucks, but it's now looking like this tournament is going to end badly. Even a corpse, if it has five 1st round draft picks on the roster, can win a Natty.
Agree with all of this. Hate to say it but Duke looks like they might be on a collision course to cutting down the nets.

Back