• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Well, we were 1-4 against the elite 8, go 2-3 we are in the NCAAT.

Sure, the ACC was a lot better than, given credit for, but watching the teams that have advanced. They play solid games and seem to follow the game plan. My view is that our team valued winning with a 'showtime' mentality more than just winning.

Watching all the NCAAT, I don't think our teams style of play would have resulted in more than 1 win.

First of all, given how things shook out I don't know if beating Miami at home would have helped enough. It would have barely been a Quad 2 win, maybe Quad 3 if it dropped Miami low enough.

Second, 1 win in the NCAAT would have meant upsetting a #6 seed. It would have been the highest seed Wake has beaten since beating #4 Iowa in 1993. So yeah, that would have been a huge deal. (Yes, Louisville was a #6 in 1996 as well)

Who knows?? Screw the quad win crap.

Bottomline.... Wake did enough to get an NCAAT bid and were hosed by the committee.

Ya' gotta be in it to win it. :mad:

If whatever "showtime mentality" means translates to turning the ball over a ton, then yes, that would have been a major problem

If whatever "showtime mentality" means translates to turning the ball over a ton, then yes, that would have been a major problem

Exactly the point. We liked making the spectacular pass more than making the good safe pass.

Crap, Huber Davis saying 'when was that Wake Forest game? back in January'.

This is why you root against dook and UNC. Couldn't say, Wake was a good team and should have been in the tourney, instead basically says it was a fluke.

First of all, given how things shook out I don't know if beating Miami at home would have helped enough. It would have barely been a Quad 2 win, maybe Quad 3 if it dropped Miami low enough.

Second, 1 win in the NCAAT would have meant upsetting a #6 seed. It would have been the highest seed Wake has beaten since beating #4 Iowa in 1993. So yeah, that would have been a huge deal. (Yes, Louisville was a #6 in 1996 as well)

Sure, we play well we probably could beat almost anyone, but the problem is that we, at best play 60% good 40% bad over since the UNC/BC weekend.

Also the Peacocks have a god damn chance of making it to the final
Four. Go to hell Carolina.

Larranaga has said to Forbes that Wake was a tourney team.

Interesting to see if he says anything publicly now that the ACC has damn near half the remaining field.

Not really sure why Wake was the focus, we finished 5th with 13 wins, they should have asked how they lost to Pitt at home.

Hope Huber is Doherty lite, after this they will have a hard time getting rid of him.

Guttridge made the Final Four as an 8 seed early on too! Omens!

I’m still super disappointed we didn’t make the NCAA.

But I can’t hate on UNC for beating Marquette (9), Baylor (1), and UCLA (4) on the way to the Elite Eight. They were given a better seed than they deserved, but it didn’t result in an easier road.

Love Forbes. But if they voted for ACC COY today, Hubert probably wins. Larranaga probably deserves it.

A middling Carolina team has a seemingly easy game to get to the Final Four whereas the best Wake team in a decade has an anonymous loss in the NIT. life sucks.

I'm sure that UK thought they had an easy game in the first round, and I imagine that Murray St was elated that they were playing St. Peters in the second round, as was Purdue last night.

St. Peter's plays the best defense that I have seen in a long long time.

I'm sure that UK thought they had an easy game in the first round, and I imagine that Murray St was elated that they were playing St. Peters in the second round, as was Purdue last night.

St. Peter's plays the best defense that I have seen in a long long time.

My point more is that a team we destroyed is now a 15-seed away from the FF while we’re done for the year already with our best team in forever.

My point more is that a team we destroyed is now a 15-seed away from the FF while we’re done for the year already with our best team in forever.

Yeah. It pisses me off too. That why I hope that the Peacocks will crush UNC's Final Four hopes

Yes, after that game we were discussing how long will they be able to keep Davis as the coach. Now he may accomplish what Wake has only done once ever (or go on to uncharted waters). Things change quickly. When Forbes was rolling the quad, never would have imagined they’d be playing for a Final Four and Wake would have been headed to NIT.

Wonder if the success of the ACC is fueling a feeling of “unfinished business” from the seniors with remaining eligibility… especially Daivien and Zeke, who have never played in the NCAA Tourney.

Yes, after that game we were discussing how long will they be able to keep Davis as the coach. Now he may accomplish what Wake has only done once ever (or go on to uncharted waters). Things change quickly. When Forbes was rolling the quad, never would have imagined they’d be playing for a Final Four and Wake would have been headed to NIT.

Truth.
We were on such a roll. Only to fall flat at the end. The life of a Deacon fan

Back