• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Once both teams made the Final 4, there was no outcome that was going to be great if you're a Wake Forest fan. What we got was about as good as it could get.

Once both teams made the Final 4, there was no outcome that was going to be great if you're a Wake Forest fan. What we got was about as good as it could get.

Close, I think, but Villanova beating Kansas and then UNC would have been better. We wouldn't have had to hear so much about Manning at the title game.

Close, I think, but Villanova beating Kansas and then UNC would have been better. We wouldn't have had to hear so much about Manning at the title game.

Agreed, all the pictures of Manning made me vomit.

Would a player selling their family allotment of tickets to things like the ACC Tournament or NCAA Tournament be a serious violation?
They can't sell them: they generally pick them up at a designated will call and go straight in. When their team is eliminated, those tickets are often forfeit and opened to the public.

I've gotten awesome seats at NCAA tournament sites by hanging around the ticket office.

For those of us in NC having to live daily amongst the mouth-breathers, the Kansas win averted a disastrous next several months. I'll take it!

Rock chalk everyone, what a beautiful morning

Hubert can't win The Big One and The Blue Goats choked in 2 games, blowing a 25 point lead against Baylor and a 16 point lead against Kansas.

Also, I had friends celebrating over Duke's Mark Williams missing the 2 late free throws against UNC. It is all relative. Bacot did the same thing. and missed 2 free throws, in the final minutes against Baylor but it is glossed over by the UNC win. Also, in the Duke game, Manick missed 3 of 4 free throws at the end of the game in the same situation as Williams. Again, Carolina's chokers were covered up by their wins. Williams stood out because his team lost.

I could definitely see Mark Williams scapegoated for K's last loss.

Felt like the first 3 minutes of the second half UNC played like they were up 20 with 5 to go instead of 15 with 20. 4 or 5 really bad possessions and all the sudden it’s within reach.

I could definitely see Mark Williams scapegoated for K's last loss.

Coach K did that all by himself when he threw Mark Williams under the bus, then backed up and ran over him again. K made it crystal clear who was to blame for the loss and it sucks for Mark Williams. I would be fucking irate if I were that kid's parents and the so called coach relationships did that to my kid.

Coach K did that all by himself when he threw Mark Williams under the bus, then backed up and ran over him again. K made it crystal clear who was to blame for the loss and it sucks for Mark Williams. I would be fucking irate if I were that kid's parents and the so called coach relationships did that to my kid.

Well presumably they signed off on their son going to play for K

Re: Hubert Davis, a friend of mine framed it rather well. Davis was given the keys to a high-end, shiny new car with a tank full of gas. Let's see how he does when he has to build his own car.

I think the jokes about “best possible outcome is an asteroid destroying both teams” are lame and predictable. No offense to anybody who made them, as there were a ton of them. But I have to say that this weekend was basically the metaphorical equivalent of that.

so you found the weekend lame and predictable ?

They can't sell them: they generally pick them up at a designated will call and go straight in. When their team is eliminated, those tickets are often forfeit and opened to the public.

I've gotten awesome seats at NCAA tournament sites by hanging around the ticket office.

Maybe that's the case now, but I 100% know that wasn't the case in the recent past. Not in the last few (2-3) years, but before.

Was just curious.

I give KU credit. Their d right out of the gate in the 2nd half was just excellent. UNC got nothing for 5 minutes. That more than the choke scenario is reality

so you found the weekend lame and predictable ?

I was giving the people who made those jokes begrudging credit.

I thought the weekend was glorious! Major black eye on both programs. No one who follows the ACC will ever forget this particular chapter. It will be referenced for years by fanbases far and wide.

Back