• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Lunardi dropped us below Michigan and SD State, but moved us ahead of Creighton, to have us as the last team in before the play-in.

SD State last played Monday, Creighton over the weekend, Michigan won last night

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - ACC Teams Scrambling For NCAA Bids

I stand by my 3 most important games thread. I think had we: won all three we would have been top 20, just defeated Miami & Notre Dame we would have entered the top 25 and had we lost all three including Notre Dame we would have been on the bubble. Instead we just won 1 game and we treaded water. That’s a huge 3 game swing.

I stand by my 3 most important games thread. I think had we: won all three we would have been top 20, just defeated Miami & Notre Dame we would have entered the top 25 and had we lost all three including Notre Dame we would have been on the bubble. Instead we just won 1 game and we treaded water. That’s a huge 3 game swing.

Miami at home would have been nice. Any of these games would have solidified it: @Clemson, @Louisville (any other time of the schedule thats a W, the FT disparity was lol worthy that game), @Duke (goaltend), @Cuse. Candy and nuts and all that. Still think we get int w/o too much sweating as long as we beat State tonight.

It wouldn’t be too subjective to weight the highest margin, lowest margin, and the final score over the last 5 minutes.

I heard Ken talk about trying all these different alternatives to account for garbage time. He said when he back tested all those alternatives they turned out to be worse from a predictive model perspective.

The other thing would be to cap the margin at about 20 so it doesn't matter if a team wins by 20 or 40. I thought that was common practice. Hard to believe the NCAA uses a metric that encourages running up the score especially doing so at the end of the season.

I can't wait till we're officially in and laugh about how worried we were. This team absolutely deserves to make it this year and we are 100% going to find a way.

KP isn’t designed to be a selection tool for the NCAA. It’s supposed to predict the outcomes of future games.

Nice win, out of nowhere, for Charleston Southern today over UNCA. March Madness is officially underway.

KP isn’t designed to be a selection tool for the NCAA. It’s supposed to predict the outcomes of future games.

Nice win, out of nowhere, for Charleston Southern today over UNCA. March Madness is officially underway.

it's not the official selection tool but it is referenced commonly by people on the committee.

NC A&T also won in a much smaller upset. WF's raw KP rating improves from 15.33 to 15.35. Two more similar results and WF could move ahead of Marquette before taking the floor tonight. (I have no idea whether any other WF opponents are playing today)

In addition to WF's ACC opponents who play tonight, LSU plays at Arkansas tonight, and Charlotte hosts MTSU.

In addition to WF's ACC opponents who play tonight, LSU plays at Arkansas tonight, and Charlotte hosts MTSU.

It would be nice if those two would help out a bit. The SEC expert on ESPNU the other day has Arkansas as the SEC team playing the best right now. He didn't mention LSU as playing well at this time of the season. So, I don't expect much help there.

Do other schools get to do this? If this was Forbes and we were a top seed could he request Chicago since close to Iowa?

I had no idea the school has any say.

Once we beat Duke in the ACC tournament final, we will knock them out of the one seed and they won’t have any say in where they go

Would be hilarious if they got that regional but didn’t make it out of the first weekend

FSU up on ND 61-59 with 7:22 left. Doesn't matter for standings but could matter for making the NCAAT and definitely for seeding.

FSU won. ND falls to 21-9, 14-5.

Last edited:
it's not the official selection tool but it is referenced commonly by people on the committee.

NC A&T also won in a much smaller upset. WF's raw KP rating improves from 15.33 to 15.35. Two more similar results and WF could move ahead of Marquette before taking the floor tonight. (I have no idea whether any other WF opponents are playing today)

WF ahead of Marquette by 0.01 as I type this (Marquette playing right now)

Back