• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Love the size of Forbes' Deacs.

We look like a real ACC team.

We're going to be good again. :)

KP’s 2021-22 projections are out:

WF is ranked #104 (up 71 spots from the end of last season)

14-16 overall 6-14 ACC 13th out 15

Big jump for Notre Dame.

From 85 at the end of last season to 27 this preseason (#3 in the ACC).

ACC looks very weak.

They don't have a clue about how this Wake team will perform either. I don't think anybody does. Forbes may have a better perspective. I think it will be fun to watch. We just won't know how this group of guys will respond as a team, especially when ACC intensity hits them.

I think the Wake team surprises some people and makes it to the middle third of the ACC. And avoids day 1 of the ACC Tournament.

It's been said before, but we probably won't know much about this team until conference play. First ACC game @ VT will also be our first true road game.

The Emerald Coast Classic consists of 3 other teams that have about as many question marks as we do.

Same goes for the matchup against Northwestern in the B1G/ACC Challenge.

Heck, even KP has us as 8-2 in the non-conference (close losses against Oregon State & Northwestern, but doesn't account for 2nd Emerald Coast game because we don't know the opponent).

Actually we could know something about the Wake team from cupcake season, but it would be bad. Four plus losses would not bode well for ACC season.

It's amazing how much my interest in college basketball has dwindled the last few years. Even during the Bz years, I feel like I had a decent handle on all of the other ACC teams' rosters and situations. Now...looking at ATS's post, I only know a few of those names from the 1st and 2nd All-ACC teams. Damn what happened to me.

It's amazing how much my interest in college basketball has dwindled the last few years. Even during the Bz years, I feel like I had a decent handle on all of the other ACC teams' rosters and situations. Now...looking at ATS's post, I only know a few of those names from the 1st and 2nd All-ACC teams. Damn what happened to me.

Part of it is that there isn't reason to know any of those names. Of the 12 players listed, only Paolo Banchero is expected to be first round pick next year. Used to be that many, if not most all-ACC players were going to play in the NBA. Just not the case any more. Hard to believe that with 15 ACC teams and about 200 players the best that ACC has to offer are: Boehiem, Wong, Aluma, Bacot and Blanchero. Not exactly Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan and Grant Hill...

Hell I’m even impressed with our walk on size

Clawson probably asked Forbes if he could chat with Robinson. 6-10/260 could do some damage.

Mucius looks taller than Ingraham and LaRavia.

I predict we end up closer to the middle if the ACC than the bottom. I think Forbes will have this team playing well by February. Our weakness right now seems to be 3 point production. Maybe this will improve as the year progresses.

Back