• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

they did a super bowl tie in bit where they compared a super bowl player to a current cbb player.

laphonso ellis said the matt stafford of cbb (transfer) was alondes williams from... he couldn't remember his own pick. jay bilas swooped in with the save

That’s a good comp though.

Back down to 38. I was hoping we could play our way to a 6 seed by the end of the regular season. I think we would have to run the table for that to happen now. We may have needed a win at Duke to get there anyway.

The “at this point in the season the guys kinda coach themselves comment” from Forbes went from funny to a bit concerning today. We aren’t going to go far with a “roll the ball out there and see what happens attitude”. Need more half court motion (or sets), out of bounds sets, and at some point this year we might want to show something other than straight man defense. Kinda reminds me of our football offense. Yes, our offensive and defensive efficiency continues to be strong. Doesn’t mean it can’t be better, particularly against better teams.

FWIW, our buddy Jerry Palm doesn't even have us on his bubble.

In Lunardi I trust.
He still has us an 8th seed.
Beat Dook would be nice.

Lunardi hasn't updated his since 2/11, so that's pre-loss.

Yeah, he has us as a 10 seed now. Every remaining game is crucial, and the next 2 are tough. ND is playing surprisingly good ball the last month and a half after a very slow start.

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 20-5 (10-4), KP#29

Lunardi has us as a 10 and one of last four byes. Gotta win 1 of next 2.

It's crazy that an ACC teams needs 25 wins on Selection Sunday to make the tournament but that's where we are. Any less than that and we will be sweating.

It's crazy that an ACC teams needs 25 wins on Selection Sunday to make the tournament but that's where we are. Any less than that and we will be sweating.

yeah and then you look at the others receiving votes in the AP poll and it's teams like South Dakota State, St. Mary's, Belmont, etc. C'mon.

yeah and then you look at the others receiving votes in the AP poll and it's teams like South Dakota State, St. Mary's, Belmont, etc. C'mon.

We played a crappy OOC and our conference wins are largely meh. We just gotta keep winning.

A win tonight counts double, maybe triple. They are beatable.

Ugh it's such a great year to get into the tournament, too. There are like 4 legit teams, maybe 5. It's going to be a total upset-fest the first weekend of the tourney, entire thing is going to so unpredictable. Just need to get a bid.

Random thought at this point. I think I finally understand why Walton doesn't average double digit rebounds. I think when he has to fight for a rebound he does well, but at the same time his legs are tapped together, amazing he's held up, based on that he's not zipping over for loose balls when our guards are around. I've seen him many times just let Alondes take the rebound. Which is part of the initiation of our offense and also reflects the fact that, with his knees, the stat is not worth they risk (i.e. we are getting the rebound anyway).

Random thought at this point. I think I finally understand why Walton doesn't average double digit rebounds. I think when he has to fight for a rebound he does well, but at the same time his legs are tapped together, amazing he's held up, based on that he's not zipping over for loose balls when our guards are around. I've seen him many times just let Alondes take the rebound. Which is part of the initiation of our offense and also reflects the fact that, with his knees, the stat is not worth they risk (i.e. we are getting the rebound anyway).

He's just not that active on the boards. Neither is Sy.

Some guys just have an instinct, a "nose for the ball," where they're just really good at anticipating how shots will bounce off the rim, are experts at establishing position around the basket, and just have "it" when it comes to fighting for loose balls.

We don't have that. It's really that simple.

Back