• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Dropping in with a (free) feature on Alondes Williams.

Spoiler: No Pilch reference. But I did get some insight into why ManMan has flourished this season and why things didn't go as well at Oklahoma.

Great article. Thanks for sharing. As a side note I was never able to upgrade my membership to vip. Would never accept any payment option through multiple phone and laptop options. A few times it gave me the captcha but my response would never be accepted. Maybe ID10T error. Never seen anything like it though.

Great article. Thanks for sharing. As a side note I was never able to upgrade my membership to vip. Would never accept any payment option through multiple phone and laptop options. A few times it gave me the captcha but my response would never be accepted. Maybe ID10T error. Never seen anything like it though.

Well, shit. Sorry about that.

Do me a favor and PM me your email and this week I'll try to get you signed up, if you're still interested.

Stupid question, but can someone help me understand who is actually graduating from our team after this season? A ton of our players are listed as Seniors but hoping some of them have extra eligibility due to COVID. If not, then am I late to the party that we lose the majority of our players this year?

Sy and Alondes are completely out of eigibility. Walton likely is (and likely moves on anyways) but theoretically could apply for a medical redshirt and maybe get one more year.

Mucius has one more year after this one but has stated consistently that he plans to graduate/leave after this year. Maybe he changes his mind, but he likely rounds out the 4 we lose.

Daivien has one more year if he wants it. No idea of his plans.

Jake has 2 more if he wants them. I’d expect him back.

Everyone else is a freshman eligibility-wise.

The Deacs won the two games at home they absolutely had to win to stay on the bubble. We now have a tough stretch of 5 games where we are KP underdogs in four of them.

Duke
@Virginia
@GaTech (slight favorites)
North Carolina
@Syracuse

2 wins would be nice, >2 would be fantastic. 1 is not a killer, as the latter half of the season eases up a bit. Want to reschedule that BC game, an extra ACC win would be nice for the resume.

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 12-3 (2-2), KP#53

Evan mentioned during the broadcast that the BC game could be rescheduled between the UNC (1/22) and @Cuse (1/29) games. That’s been speculated here but he said it with more certainty.

But I just looked and the ACC site has BC at UNC make up game scheduled for Wed 1/26.

That’s our last open date unless they want to shuffle other games around.

Last edited:
Manman is the only player in the country averaging 20+ points, 5+ rebounds, and 5+ assists.

Win today takes us from 53 in KP all of the way to… 53.

Meanwhile, VT who is 8-6 (0-3 in ACC play with a 19 point home loss to Wake) sits at #30 in KP! You would think by early-mid January, there would be little preseason bias still in ranking models, but apparently not.

Never quite understood this board's fascination with Pomeroy.

It’s based purely on numbers and is unbiased once you hit a certain point in the season (late January, usually).

It’s just a tool, of course… but I think a good enough tool to pay attention to in terms of comparing teams and forecasting future results.

Other than the fact that it's one of, if not the best rating systems out there, and that it allows you to compare your team to other teams and track success year over year? Yeah, I don't get it either.

Wake is 47 in the NET and VT is 37. That’s how I know it is stupid.

Back