• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Just gotta say with the attention our football team has brought to the university this year, I think John Currie has done a really good job. Great personality and representative of Wake Forest. It's been nice to have him out there so much in the media recently.

Too excited for this game and can't concentrate at work. Halfway there

Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
81e8e76aa83ac0bb6448f6c6a29f9448.jpg

It's possible this is the first picture that my wife and I are both in. We met at that tailgate.

It's possible this is the first picture that my wife and I are both in. We met at that tailgate.

Wow. That’s awesome. tsy bringing people together.

Too excited for this game and can't concentrate at work. Halfway there

Yep. I have to work Sunday and had initially decided to watch from home. Obviously I was delusional and am heading down tomorrow. Will just have to drive back home overnight. Fridays are never all that productive but today might as well be the last work day before Christmas holiday or something.

Isn't Charlie Davis in the Wake HOF and jersey retired? Looked like he was Asst. AD of something...was he wanting to be AD? The Packer thing always seemed fishy. Oh well.

There is 30+ years of bad blood between WF and Billy Packer for something stupid like this. Owell.

Just quickly pulled some numbers off of Ticketmaster. Looks like Wake has ~640 tickets available in the lower bowl with Pitt having ~1370 left.

Asked this on a different thread but do we know if beer will be sold in the stadium ?

Isn't Charlie Davis in the Wake HOF and jersey retired? Looked like he was Asst. AD of something...was he wanting to be AD? The Packer thing always seemed fishy. Oh well.

I think repairing this relationship seems like a priority for Currie.

Wake offense - slightly better

Wake defense - clearly worse, but we can play well in spurts and turn them over (I hope)

Special teams - slight edge to Pitt, both are solid

Need to bring it, really bring it, learn from Clemson game - don't just go out there and get your ass kicked!

Instead ---- Be Victorious! Fight! Fight! Fight!

I really enjoyed the article about Sam focusing on his mental health and opening up more to those around him. I hope he doesn’t put too much pressure on himself to do everything tomorrow. Can’t imagine the emotions he must be feeling playing for an ACC title in an NFL stadium in his hometown.

Wake defense - clearly worse, but we can play well in spurts and turn them over (I hope)

Need to bring it, really bring it, learn from Clemson game - don't just go out there and get your ass kicked!

Throw it.

It was for the Belk Bowl.

Yup and I drank about a million then went to Fig Tree then drove back to the Triangle after (went with my parents and they were driving). I was big hungover and miserable by the time we got home.

Good news: Our O strengths play to their D weakness. And their O strength isn't running.

Interesting that the common thread refers to how Clemson’s D shut us down and lays a blueprint for Pitt to copy. We scored more against Clemson than anyone else and after the first quarter (which I think could be somewhat attributed to missing Jurgens and having three O-Linemen playing out of position) we moved the ball really well (when we weren’t fumbling).

What Clemson really exposed was our pathetic run defense, which isn’t really the tendency of Pitts offense. I can see them hurting us with the run and playaction, but we will see. Especially if Carson plays, our CBs might be the strength of our defense so in theory we can get away with more man coverage.

Last edited:
Do we really care if we repair our relationship with billy packer? That seems like an awful lot of butt kissing and for what? Billy packer is not relevant in 2021.

Back