• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I saw someone on Twitter advocating for Rivers to the Saints now that his high school coaching season is over and he lives in coastal AL, so not far. he did the whole commute from SD to LA thing for a few years.

[h=1]4 reasons the Panthers must swallow their pride and re-sign Cam Newton[/h]
https://catcrave.com/2021/11/01/4-reasons-carolina-panthers-swallow-pride-cam-newton/

Definitely clickbaity, but the reasons are solid. It ends on a hidden 5th reason: Sean Payton could bring in Cam to replace Jameis.

Do you see Tepper and Rhule swallowing their pride? I agree he'd be an improvement over Teddy and Darnold, though they're stuck with Darnold's contract for another year. And yeah, I see NO being interested in Flacco or Cam. The next 24 hours should be interesting. Guys like Marlon Mack, Akiem Hicks, Daron Payne and Lane Johnson could be on the move.

A rested Cam is the best of some not so great options.

Does Tepper have beef with Cam? I thought he’s already made public comments about bringing him back.

Bringing him back to retire as a Panther? Yeah. Bringing him back as a player? I haven’t seen anything to suggest that.

He’d probably want too much money at this point- he has said he’s gotten calls but hasn’t jumped. I assume he’d charge a “you cut me last year” tax on the Panthers

Why do you say that? He signed for close to the vet minimum in 2020.

Yes. He signed a bigger one year deal with the Pats for 2021.

Just makes me think it would inflate his asking price if he thought that is his value at this point. I feel like he would have already signed somewhere if he was ok taking minimal salary

I don't remember a free agent signing midseason for a considerable amount of money.

Last season. Which would be the sooner than almost every option.

$1.4M

Similar to what Cam and Antonio Brown signed for in 2020.

I'm not a Sam believer, but I highly doubt they're going to bring in his replacement off the street midseason after he graded out as the highest QB in the league, per PFF, last week.

I'm not a Sam believer, but I highly doubt they're going to bring in his replacement off the street midseason after he graded out as the highest QB in the league, per PFF, last week.

He's still in the concussion protocol, right? It's not about replacing Darnold permanently. It's about having a better starter than PJ during a stretch run that could propel this team to the playoffs especially when/if CMC returns.

Here are the five most experienced available QBs according to CSR. Bortles, RGIII, Joe Webb, Cam, Matt Moore. So like I said, Cam is the best of bad options. He knows Belichick and would be highly motivated to come in and win. But I think we're going to bring up James Morgan from the practice squad and roll the dice with PJ.
https://www.catscratchreader.com/20...enced-free-agent-quarterbacks-available-today

Pantherns sign QB Love ahead of Pats game. *checks link* That would be QB Josh Love that they're adding to the practice squad.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/02/panthers-sign-qb-josh-love-week-9/

Last edited:
Back