• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Edwards is from Australia and apparently never kicked a football in his life. I imagine that Charlton could have kicked had he still been the punter. With Edwards I guess they rolled the dice that it's so rare that a damn kicker gets hurt in a game that they would just let it be.

I just have a hunch that Rhule is gone. Problem is, I don't have a clue who they would name as interim. Both coordinators are tied at the dick to Rhule and having one of them do it would be awkward at best because there's no way either would be considered for HC next year. There's nobody that I can think of that has NFL coaching experience to speak of much less NFL HC experience. Maybe I'm missing someone. I guess Tepper will have to wait until after the season.

seems like rhule is checked out at this point?

That is the perfect play for the best short yardage player in the game. That tweeter is an idiot, not surprisingly. "20" hits that block and Cam is likely gone for a TD. 20 is the blocker, moron (not you, the asshat on twitter).

Again, Rhule is a dumbass and should be fired. But that play was on Cam, not him or the other coaches.

I still don’t think it’s the right play call. Should not even have the option of throwing it.

Believe that I heard this stat correctly: Panthers have lost the last 12 games that Cam has started for them.

I still don’t think it’s the right play call. Should not even have the option of throwing it.

So if the Bills had left 11 men in the box and there was no one within 15 yards of the receiver, Cam should not have had the option to throw the ball and instead should have plunged directly into the line?

There are plenty of legitimate grounds for criticism for yesterday's performance and the entire season without jumping on the Hot Take Express. Trusting arguably the best RPO QB in the history of the NFL to make a simple run/pass read should not be among them.

So if the Bills had left 11 men in the box and there was no one within 15 yards of the receiver, Cam should not have had the option to throw the ball and instead should have plunged directly into the line?

There are plenty of legitimate grounds for criticism for yesterday's performance and the entire season without jumping on the Hot Take Express. Trusting arguably the best RPO QB in the history of the NFL to make a simple run/pass read should not be among them.

No guarantee Cam could hit the receiver even if wide open. The 4th and 2 pass three yards behind the receiver was all you needed to see. Cam is really bad.

trust Cam more to bowl over a linebacker than to complete a pass these days

we need to tank this upcoming season and get a stud QB in 2023

You will start 0-5 and finish 7-10, winning the last 4 of the season and get a middling pick, it’s the Panthers way.

Cam newton is probably in the top 3 qb’s of all time in the taking the ball and running for 1 or more yards. Currently it’s the only thing he is still good at. You run newton on the play and you make it 19/20 times. You throw on that play and it’s anybodys guess.

Cam newton is probably in the top 3 qb’s of all time in the taking the ball and running for 1 or more yards. Currently it’s the only thing he is still good at. You run newton on the play and you make it 19/20 times. You throw on that play and it’s anybodys guess.

Think about how good he'd be with a truly decent offensive line and Christian McCaffrey behind him. He might still be serviceable.

fwiw I wanted Stefanski when we hired Rhule

I wasn't that impressed with Stefanski's offenses in Minnesota. And Cleveland has been 1 of the most disappointing teams in the NFL this year with what is a good roster. They've had some injury issues, but nothing like the Ravens. If you want a young, offensive minded coach, I'd be much more interested in Leftwich, Daboll and Bienemy.

I wasn't that impressed with Stefanski's offenses in Minnesota. And Cleveland has been 1 of the most disappointing teams in the NFL this year with what is a good roster. They've had some injury issues, but nothing like the Ravens. If you want a young, offensive minded coach, I'd be much more interested in Leftwich, Daboll and Bienemy.

eh - not impressed with guys out of the Reid coaching tree, and Bienemy isn't young

Seems like Leftwich should be the Jags first call

Back