• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Not that easy to win at Cincy but they're good at hiring good coaches. The selling points are easy academics, Cincy amenities, and strong alumni support around town. That's about it. Conference affiliation stinks and the campus is not in a great area and has a crime problem. UC is big, 40K-plus students, although many don't live on campus. But unlike at WF, a lot of the ones that do are big sports fans.

Per their website, they have 28,000+ students, relatively small campus, and currently #148 on US News college rankings.

Perusing Louisville media and forums today...had no idea Louisville fans were getting tired of Mack, but seeing lots of comments about wanting to get rid of him.
65018dbb2f8e0e4ff9d9786f3348d397.jpg

I just don't see Louisville getting rid of Mack. He's still recruiting at a high level in spite of all of these shenanigans.

And he still looks pretty clean compared to Pitino.

Per their website, they have 28,000+ students, relatively small campus, and currently #148 on US News college rankings.

It's not a great school. It was very heavily a commuter school until the last 15 years or so when they made an emphasis to build up more campus housing. UC does have very strong local support among both local alumni and townies.

It's not a great school. It was very heavily a commuter school until the last 15 years or so when they made an emphasis to build up more campus housing. UC does have very strong local support among both local alumni and townies.

This. It's an average public urban university. It really doesn't fit the ACC profile. Granted Louisville doesn't really either, but it's closer than Cincy. Have nothing against Cincy, and obviously football is rolling right now, but there are more than a few schools I'd rather see in the ACC before them.

Which ones? There aren’t many left who fit the “ACC profile.”

Mark Turgeon gets a five year extension from Maryland. In addition to cash, his contract has interesting incentives:

Win or tie the B1G regular season championship and get another year added. Same with a sweet 16 or winning B1G tournament. 2years added for an Elite Eight.

Does he get a bonus for eating his vegetables?

No.

“To analyze”. More like to play revisionist history and act like you’re so smart

Brownell extension looks pretty good today.

I would have done that. I am the smartest guy in the room.

Wes Miller has Cincy in the second round of the NIT. Winner.

Bumping the threads has caused some confusion. This is the thread from 3 damn years ago and now we’re posting news on it for this year.

Back