• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Plenty of Big 10 teams have hung their hats on stifling defense and middling offense (Iowa, Wisconsin, others). Why isn't a dominant offense and a middling defense acceptable?

They're not hanging their hats on it. Their offense just sucks.

(long) Story on Wake's defensive woes.

Took a dive into how much of last week was about the uniqueness of Army's offense, how much of it was about mistakes Wake Forest made that'll be costly against any offense it plays, and whether this can still be as balanced of a team as Dave Clawson thought going into the season.

Conor did a good job representing us. Surprised he hasn't done more of these at least that I've seen. The list of Wake football experts is low.

Conor did a good job representing us. Surprised he hasn't done more of these at least that I've seen. The list of Wake football experts is low.

The Winston-Salem paper did away with their Wake specific reporter. The Observer papers don't pay attention to schools that don't have "Carolina" in their name. Not much else left.

Wake will have to shock some teams and open some eyes.

The Winston-Salem paper did away with their Wake specific reporter. The Observer papers don't pay attention to schools that don't have "Carolina" in their name. Not much else left.

Wake will have to shock some teams and open some eyes.

Beat all 3 Triangle teams and that will at least be 3 articles this season in the N&O.

Does Charlotte cover Clemson? That makes four.

Much appreciated. Was a weird start but sometimes that happens.

I say yes to just about any media request and this was the first "national" hit I've done, I guess. Curious if more will come in the next few weeks if Wake keeps this rolling.

(I did cringe on the Art Briles mention; though it's not like we were comparing moral compasses of Briles and Clawson.)

The national media is just waiting for Wake to lose. I’m not sure they understand that we’re going to beat Duke to go 8-0 and by the end of the night we will be one of 2-4 undefeated P5 teams.

Beat the Panthers. That’s five.

LOL.

Last edited:
None of the talking heads or national media folks give the Deacs much chance of winning more than half of the remaining games. They see 9 and 3 at best. Our defense, offense and special teams will just have to keep proving them wrong.

If I were a player, I'd definitely have a chip on my shoulder seeing how Pitt is getting all the ACC-related coverage. Hopefully it helps us stay motivated and focused.

And you know if we beat Clemson just like Pitt did, the story will be about how bad Clemson is not about how our QB is a Heisman candidate.

Pretty amazing in the 2 most down years in the expansion era according to the media Wake won the conference and could win it again.

Pretty amazing in the 2 most down years in the expansion era according to the media Wake won the conference and could win it again.
Which is why you lay 70 on Duke if you get the chance. The shit the national media has to pay attention to.

Last weekend I saw sportscasters falling all over themselves b3cause Picket had thrown for 300 yards. Same day, Hartman throws for over 400, which barely gets a mention.

Yeah, the announcers during the Pitt game said something along the lines of “He’s done nothing but add to that Heisman resume today”

He had 2 TDs on 300 yards passing.

Sam had 5 TDs on nearly 500 yards passing plus another rushing TD.

Back