• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022/2023 Women's Golf

Shake

Reaction score
Lady Deacs playing in the Stephen's Cup at Seminole Golf Club. Its an invitational and the strongest field of any tournament outside of the NCAA with Duke, Stanford, South Carolina, So Cal and LSU. 27 holes today and 27 tomorrow; top 4 teams go to match play. Deacs currently at 10 under and in first place. Men didn't get an invite but there are 3 ACC men's teams in the field. Golf Channel today at 4:00

This is probably the best women's golf team Wake has ever fielded.

11 stroke lead after 2 rounds against a very good field inc. #1 Stanford. 4 Deacs in the top 10 with Rachel Kuehn holding a 2 stroke lead.
Unusual tournament -- 3 rounds of stroke play with the top 4 teams going to match play on Wednesday. Good prep for the ACC and NCAA tournaments.

Isn't the fall kinda like golf's "exhibition games"? Do all teams play their best players or is it a time some want to see how some back-ups and rookies play?

(Not a golfer so I really don't know, but I'm curious...)

Some of the years strongest events are in the fall. The Stephen's Cup is right there with the Annaka tournament. Looks like Deacs and Stanford will easily make match play and if all goes well play for the title which is #1 and #2 and a preview of what could happen in the NCAA.

This is by far our best team since Jennifer was a senior.

Isn't the fall kinda like golf's "exhibition games"? Do all teams play their best players or is it a time some want to see how some back-ups and rookies play?

(Not a golfer so I really don't know, but I'm curious...)
I mean, we're not talking about football here when you're worried about injuries. If it's a tournament why would you hold out your best players? Golf is a sport where you can get a real good idea of what the "back-ups" can do in practice.

Wake v Stanford tomorrow in match play for the title on Golf Channel. I know this is women‘s golf but it’s the equivalent of GA/Al in football. As the announcers on the Golf Channel said Wake and Stanford are the “tiers” above everyone else. Kim has taken an already great program to another level.

I generally don't follow college golf, but that Stanford team has Heck, Ganne and Zhang on it. I knew we had Kuehn and Migliaccio, but that is some rarified air. For those of you who follow it more closely, which of our golfers do you think have an LPGA future?

Deacs are just as good, Rachel is as good as any of them, Migliaccio can be as well. Chacarra is really already better than migliaccio or at least just as good. No clue about Stanford at 4-5 but Walsh and Rhodes are super solid there for Wake.

Deacs are just as good, Rachel is as good as any of them, Migliaccio can be as well. Chacarra is really already better than migliaccio or at least just as good. No clue about Stanford at 4-5 but Walsh and Rhodes are super solid there for Wake.
I caught a couple hours of the Curtis Cup a few months ago at Merion, and Migliaccio, Kuehn, Heck, Zhang and Ganne were all on the US team. Hell, Ganne was near the lead of the US Open a couple of years ago at the midway point when she was in high school. I was disappointed she went to college and said she was gonna stay 4 years because I wanted her on the LPGA tour.

Stanford is a level higher than we are. But they are two levels (or more) higher than everybody else.

Not a great day for us but need that match play experience for the ACC and NCAA. Stanford is loaded but we’re very, very close. Need Emilia to shake some of the rust off and get back to her form of a couple years ago. Rachael is a stone cold killer, was three down early, got back to even, went three down again and then back to even after 16 and lost 1 down on 18.

We are and will remain an elite program. Women‘s golf and Men’s soccer are the two Wake programs that an ACC and National Championship are yearly goals.

Not a great day for us but need that match play experience for the ACC and NCAA. Stanford is loaded but we’re very, very close. Need Emilia to shake some of the rust off and get back to her form of a couple years ago. Rachael is a stone cold killer, was three down early, got back to even, went three down again and then back to even after 16 and lost 1 down on 18.

We are and will remain an elite program. Women‘s golf and Men’s soccer are the two Wake programs that an ACC and National Championship are yearly goals.

Don’t forget men’s tennis. They have been our most accomplished program over the past 5 years.

Back